The Kanoo Group is one of the most dynamic and successful family businesses in the Middle East with a tradition of innovation and service stretching back almost 130 years. With business interests in shipping, logistics, travel, machinery, energy, chemicals and manufacturing, this diverse group of companies delivers sustainable excellence throughout the Arabian Gulf.
Kanoo Logistics is looking for a Logistics Executive with experience in handling of import/ export land transportation & GCC Customs clearance process, documentation at land border posts.
Prior experience in the process of customs clearance across borders, such as - Sila Border (UAE); Batha Border (KSA) / Free Zones UAE, etc. would be preferable.
We are looking for an Arabic speaker (preferably) for this role, but are open to considering candidates that have the right experience in land transportation (trucking) and the basic knowledge to read and write Arabic
• Ensuring daily status report prepared, updated, and closely monitoring for all Import / Export Land Freight Related Transportation Forwarding and Clearance Jobs at GCC Border Check Posts / Customs.
• Preparation as well verification of all Documentations as required for GCC Imports / Exports as per Customs Regulations of UAE,KSA as well Oman.
• Assure on time and accurate Job file Opening & Customs File preparation
• Provide Customs Clearance brokers with needed documents as per Law of the land .
• Follow-up with Customs Offices at Border Posts and Customs Brokers to get latest shipment status
• Ensure accurate and on time status update for all jobs
• Flag issues to Manager towards any issues related to clearance of shipments at Border Posts / Customs
• Ensure prompt response to customers as and when required and timely invoicing to customers.
• Customer should be notified, and approvals must be taken from them prior to settling the demurrage/ detention charges.
• Assure on time updates to customers / overseas agents to keep them informed of the status of their shipments and ensure that all their inquiries are properly answered.
• Ensure that only approved suppliers are to be used to transport the shipment
• Verify the customs file and enter the on-customs EDI manifesting system and review the file for completeness and correctness before submission to customs.
• Payment of all applicable charges and duties against official receipts and settle the same with CPV’S.
• Attend custom inspection and devote individual attention to customer's cargo to ensure safe handling and to inform the Supervisor / Sr. Broker of any storage charges or missing items during visual inspection.
• All custom clearance documents, Bayan copies and receipts must be returned back to Sr. Broker or the customs clearance operations team on the same day and no documents to be kept or retained for the next day.
• On each stage of custom clearance procedures update the Sr. Broker/ Supervisor or the customs clearance operations team the status of clearance formalities and steps without delay.
Experience and skills required:
• 3+ years of experience in trucking within the GCC is required.
• Must have experience in preparation all land border documentation procedures.
• Communication skills in English & Arabic.
• Good knowledge of local as well GCC border customs rules and procedures, especially at Batha, KSA, Oman.
• Knowledge of H.S codes and GCC customs tariff structure.
• Good relationship with Border Customs Agents / Offices / Brokers.
Key skill Required
- Customer Service
- Bachelor Degree