Sr HR Risk and Compliance Manager
As a member of Amazons HR Risk & Compliance team, the Senior HR Risk & Compliance Manager will be an integral member of a central team established to create mechanisms and coordinate activities to provide compliance oversight and support to Amazon businesses. This includes working with human resources, business, and legal teams to manage complex employment requirements, controls, and risk issues; researching legal and regulatory obligations with business labor and employment attorneys; working with project teams to translate legal and regulatory obligations into system or process requirements; establishing and monitoring compliance triggers designed to initiate a response to changes in employee volumes and HR risks; and developing remediation plans to mitigate risk. These projects may be driven by new legal and regulatory requirements, new geographies, employee expansion, solution implementations, or emerging risk issues, among other things.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Perform research and participate in compliance reviews to document HR compliance obligations, determine state of compliance, and develop recommendations for remediation within individual countries.
· Develop mechanisms and processes for gathering HR obligations, identifying risks, and finding process and compliance owners prior to country expansion.
· Work with global expansion teams to develop, document and monitor compliant service delivery models for new countries.
· Establish mechanisms and processes for ongoing monitoring of the state of compliance with HR obligations, including triggers to initiate reviews and assessments.
· Work with our internal systems team to develop the technology infrastructure needed to support ongoing compliance monitoring efforts.
· Develop deep knowledge of Amazon’s HR policies and processes and regional HR obligations.
· Draft written narratives to communicate obligations, risk analyses, and recommendations to HR policy, process, and system owners and senior stakeholders.
· Inventory risk and compliance obligations in a governance, risk and compliance (GRC) system framework.
· Conduct on-site and virtual risk and control assessments, draft reports detailing findings, potential solutions, and recommendations.
· Consult on supporting documentation, such as manager and employee communications, FAQs, and standard operating processes.
· Respond to questions and troubleshoot issues.
· Manage other HR risk and compliance related projects as needs arise.
The ideal candidate is seeking to work for a highly innovative company and is motivated by the opportunity to participate in the development of new and leading-edge HR solutions. The successful candidate is highly organized, ably builds trusting relationships with internal stakeholders at various levels across the organization, adapts quickly to changing demands, demonstrates critical inquiry, attention to details, and the ability to effectively articulate recommendations and conclusions verbally and in writing. Knowledge of HR processes and risk and compliance management concepts is expected.
6+ years of experience in an HR, compliance, or risk management role
4+ years of project and/or program management experience
MS Office proficiency
10+ years of experience in an HR, compliance, or risk management role with a focus on policy/program development, background check programs, and/or international HR
Advanced degree in a related area (MBA or JD)
Experience working in a global, large-scale, complex, and fast-paced environment
Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and drive forward results
Experience building cross-functional partnerships and influencing stakeholders across the organization to act without having a direct reporting relationship
Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues independently or escalate when necessary; sense of accountability and sound professional judgment
Proven analytical capabilities; experience with large amounts of data and in developing audit reports, metrics, and reporting mechanisms
Subject matter expertise in background check compliance topics
Experience managing HR projects and developing HR policies
Excellent written and verbal communication skills