Senior Diagnostics Market Development Specialist
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Are you looking for a challenge as well as a career? What bigger challenge can there be than making real, tangible improvements in peoples’ lives and health? Everyone at Medtronic is committed to doing just that. That’s why we have created a company that nurtures talent, encourages individuality and supports innovation. When the best people are allowed to deliver their best, we all benefit – the individual, the company and, most importantly, patients everywhere.
We are creating technologies and solutions that diagnose and treat chronic disease in new ways, so people can live better, longer. We’re actively involved in shaping the industry, transforming technologies and offering solutions so physicians have what they need to help their patients move forward with life. Our vision requires bold leaders. If you want a career that is challenging, energizing, and rewarding, we hope you’ll consider joining us as we push the boundaries of medical technology.
We are hiring a Senior Diagnostics Market Development Specialist to play a critical role in supporting Cardiac Rhythm & Heart Failure’s (CRHF) future in Saudi Arabia. This role will focus on developing the implantable cardiac monitoring (ICM) market by creating new implanters and supporting physicians to access more indicated patients that require long term cardiac monitoring. In further detail, the Senior Diagnostics Market Development Specialist will support the launch and lead activities around insertable cardiac monitors to drive the market development for the indications in the country. The role will also be responsible for running strategic projects and drive on several other initiatives and workflows around Diagnostics and relevant Patient Management and will contribute to the division’s strategic initiatives that bring value to the business.
Partnership with the broader marketing team, sales channel, cross-functional, CEMA headquarters and global partners is critical to the success of this role.
MAIN JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The highly motivated Market Development Manager will be focusing on the following areas:
• Drive results and long-term growth of the diagnostic business for different indications in a Saudi Arabia with focus on targeted accounts for the detection of cardiac arrhythmia post syncope and stroke. Support Medtronic Implantables/Diagnostics sales teams in meeting their quarterly targets and yearly plan for the diagnostics business in Saudi
• Create/enhance use of insertable cardiac monitoring for syncope through:
Awareness of insertable cardiac monitoring benefit to cardiologists
Increasing out of Cath lab services
Optimizing services in line with syncope guidance and best practice
Promoting local services and increasing referrals from both primary and secondary care (Emergency room, elderly clinics, …)
Supporting accounts for better coverage from insurances and improved funding.
• Create/develop stroke centers to improve utilization of Reveal LINQ in cryptogenic stroke service by:
Developing relationship with key stake holders in identified centers
Increasing awareness and usage of ICM benefit for the Diagnosis of AFib post stroke
Training and education of key physicians/support staff
Supporting the development of internal and external services
Supporting accounts for sustainable funding
Supporting pathways and collaboration between cardiologists and neurologists
• Identify and build good working relationships with non-traditional customers in both primary and secondary care with a view to increase diagnostic referrals. Develop and drive account referral action plans.
• Analyze market size, competitive market landscape and other information from all sources and develops strategies to increase adoption of Medtronic diagnostics technologies
• Participate in territory plans on a regular basis and give input to Implantables/Diagnostics sales team members on delivering against their plan in line with their objectives in an energizing and positive way
• Ensure/drive execution of strategies and ad-hoc plans, in line with the CEMA CRHF and CVG strategies
• Ensure the implementation of promotional programs in conjunction with Implantables/Diagnostics marketing in the region
• Build strong and lasting relationships with key decision makers and at regional level within established and new markets, both within Syncope and Stroke markets.
• Create advocates across the region that become ambassadors for the proper use of LINQ for the indicated patients and supporting other customers in following multi-disciplinary approaches to diagnostics.
• Coordinate and liaises with CRHF APS cluster leader to ensure market development activities are aligned to the clusters’ overall growth strategies
• Develop good working relationships with our reimbursement, marketing and IHS colleagues to leverage their skill sets to support development activities
• Provide business and field input in country-specific initiatives and actively participates in and supports the implementation of initiatives and strategic programs
• Support international/national/regional and local meetings where appropriate.
• Develop and maintain activity tracking tools and progress reports that demonstrate the impact of the market development activities
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor or Master – Engineering and/or Business Administration
• At least 3 years of experience in market development, market access and/or marketing
• At least 7 years of professional experience in medical devices or pharmaceutical industries in a marketing or brand management role
• Knowledge and understanding of cardiology and neurology is a highly regarded plus
• Strategic solution-based mindset
• Competent knowledge of clinical infrastructure and healthcare
• Excellent organizational skills and experience in project management necessary
• Competence in customer care and management
• Dedication, flexibility, reliability & ability to work under pressure
• Strong communication skills
• Self-confident, able to work with minimal supervision
• Self-motivated, proactive, energetic and positive
• Team leader and player
• Fluency in English is a must, local language is a plus
Travel in support of customer engagements and internal Medtronic activities approximately 30% of time.
Medical Device Pharmaceuticals
Sales Marketing Business Development