Project Director -Infrastructure
- Coordinate, manage, and supervise the work of subordinate preconstruction members and support staff
- Lead preparation of proposals for new business and presentations to clients
- Attend and participate in business meetings, industry events and conferences to promote firm in the markets we serve
- Develop and maintain leads, review lead sources, participate and help guide the identification of pursuit targets
- Coordinate and assure that a preliminary construction schedule has been developed for each estimate
- Provide clear scopes of work to all bidders and pre-qualify bidders
- Act as document reviewer and adviser for construct ability and value analysis
- Ensure estimates are complete and reflect all that is required to build the project
- Development of the operations strategy in line with Business Plan and Long-Range Financial Plan
- Ensure that departmental strategies and related strategic plans are developed and implemented, which are aligned with the vision and mission .
Budget and Plans
- Direct and oversee the preparation of the operation division budget using input from department heads and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs, areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon.
- Monitor and control financial health of the department.
- Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Direct the development and oversees the implementation of Commercial functional policies, systems, processes, procedures and control covering all areas of Finance function so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering quality, cost effective service to customers in a consistent manner.
- Ensure employees to embrace change, understand and follow new processes and procedures put in place and support functions in order to achieve the objectives of the organization.
- Legal Advisory and Compliance
- Oversees and reviews the development of contractual work and documents and supports managers in the resolution of all contractual issues/disputes in order to secure Company’s best interests.
- Ensures the implementation and compliance to the company’s code of conduct and business ethics guidelines to ensure sound legal position.
- Oversees various business development initiatives and ensure on-going profitability.
- Supervises and oversees marketing communication activities in order to ensure effective outreach to targeted clients in the region.
- Reviews the development of business deals and contractual agreements in order to ensure maximum profitability and secure interests.
- Manages strategic relationships with major clients in order to leverage existing agreements and to maintain a mutually beneficial relationship.
Safety, Quality & Environment
- Ensure that all relevant safety, quality and environmental procedures, instructions and controls are adhered to so that the safety, quality of services and environmental compliance can be guaranteed
- Continuous Improvement
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of process and practices taking into account, the interests and benefits to employees.
Minimum Qualifications And Knowledge
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
- Master’s Degree Engineering, Construction, Business Management or related field, MBA would be advantage.
- Experience in relevant industry : Construction, Engineering,
- Deep technical expertise in all project management control systems (scheduling, estimating, cost control, procurement and business development)
- PMP Certification is desired.
- Member of a Professional Body progressing to Chartered Status plus a minimum Intermediate Level qualification
- Ability to identify, crystallize and communicate a clear bid strategy – including Client critical success factors, Win Themes and USP’s / Differentiators