- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Responsible for assisting in dispensing medicines to the patients as per Doctor’s prescription.
- Explains to the patient the dosage, frequency of intake, route of administration, or other added information for using the medication.
- Maintains a filing system for all correspondences related to the employee files.
- To ensure safe working practices are maintained at all times.
- To ensure an acceptable standard of Quality, Environmental, OHSAS and Security Management System is maintained in accordance with recognized working practices and the Company’s QEHS&S Manual and Policy.
- Apply and execute the requirements of ISO-28000 (E) and ISO-20858 (E), ISO 27001, ISPS related to job and Security management System for the Supply Chain information security management system is maintained.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily recording the details of the dispensed medicines.
- Dispenses over the counter (OTC) to the patients.
- Dispenses controlled and semi controlled drugs as per the rules of the Ministry of Health.
- Maintains records of controlled medicines.
- Informs the Ministry of Health about the expired controlled medicines.
- Requests Ministry of Health for issuing destruction certificate for the expired controlled drugs.
- Daily refilling of medicines from store pharmacy and maintaining the record.
- Ensures the availability of all the medicines required in the Medical Center.
- Records all the details of the ordered medicines.
- Coordinates with the Procurement & Contracts Division in case of ordering medicines.
- Follows up with pharmacies until receiving the medicines order.
- Checks the medicines order while receiving in case of any shortage.
- Monitors temperature of Pharmacy and store and maintains the required temperature & recording it in the register.
- Informs the agents about the short expiry of medicines.
- Issues medicines to the treatment room as per their requirements.
- Maintains the record of medicines supplied to the treatment room.
- Arranges appointments for medical representative with Doctors.
- Informs Doctors if any medicines are out of stock in the market or if anything discontinued.
- Enquires for any medicines substitutes available in the market.
- Collects all the necessary information for making an agreement with the new pharmaceutical agent.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in similar capacity with Hospital Pharmacy / Pharmacy.
- Good communication skills both spoken and written
- Good computer skills