- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Job Location Riyadh-Saudi Arabia
Reporting to Chief Executive Officer
Acting as the legal representative in the legal front of the company with external bodies. Representing the company on all legal matters and litigation cases through liaising with external legal counsel/ bodies and coordinating and overseeing their work. Providing advice to company’s top management on legal, contractual, and risk matters. Handling the collection of doubtful debt from clients and taking necessary escalating actions as deemed necessary. Ensuring that the company is legally sound and is working under local laws and regulations.
Technical & Executive:
- Dealing with the company corporate major legal issues in coordination with external legal counsel/ bodies through taking the necessary actions in solving them.
- Liaising, coordinating, and supervising the work of the external legal counsel/ bodies to ensure compliance with company policies, as well as following-up with them on legal litigations to ensure short cycle times.
- Handling doubtful debt and coordinating with respective clients to collect dues in a timely manner, while seeking to avoid legal dispute, and updating the CEO and management on related legal disputes and litigations.
- Supporting the company managers in taking decisions through providing them with advice on the laws and legislations needed to complete their work.
- Providing legal input on protecting the company trademarks, trade names, logos, and systems to ensure that all product and branding rights are adequately protected against infringement.
- Providing expert legal advice on mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures liquidation, restructuring, due diligence…etc. as requested by top management.
- Reviewing and preparing legally binding contracts such as licensing, supply, distribution…etc. as well as keeping and filing important constitutional documents and contracts.
- Contributing to the company’s risk assessment, including identifying threats and mitigating the risks of uncertainty.
- Reviewing the company internal policies to ensure that such do not oppose Saudi labor law or any other laws applied in Saudi.
- Supervising the process of documenting all the company’s corporate legal contracts, agreements and litigations in both Arabic and English languages.
- Preparing periodic reports with respect to the function’s activities and achievements to be submitted to the Direct Superior.
- Ensuring that instructions, circulars, organizational and technical decisions are followed and applied.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law
- Post graduate degree in Law
- Eight years of relevant experience, of which at least three years were in a supervisory position
- Experience in a trading & manufacturing company
Arabic & English