Head (Risk Management)
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organization
- Risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business
- Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organization such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating previous handling of risks
- Establishing and quantifying the organization’s ‘risk appetite’, i.e. the level of risk they are prepared to accept
- Risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences, for example, to the board of directors so they understand the most significant risks, to business heads to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business and to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks
- Corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders
- Carrying out processes such as purchasing insurance, implementing health and safety measures and making business continuity plans to limit risks and prepare for if things go wrong
- Conducting audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines as a minimum in; accounting or finance, Master or MBA Favorable.
- Preferable with 10 years minimum experience.
Required Job-Specific Skills:
- Good analytical & evaluation skills with focus on risk & mitigants.
- Command of basic computer skills (Word, Excel).
- Command of English & Arabic languages
- Able to communicate with counterparts