Head – Digital Marketing & E Commerce
Reporting to: CEO
To transform the company’s e-commerce operations into a strategic Business Unit for the group, with the objectives to:
- Grow the e-commerce business in Bahrain market by leveraging the strong retail presence of the company in Bahrain
- Establish a digital first ethos in the group by implementing digital marketing strategies and identifying new digital initiatives/business models for the group
- Unlock new business opportunities for the group by creating key e-commerce capabilities in-house
- The head of e-commerce will be responsible for providing strategic leadership to and leading the growth of e-commerce business of the Group within Bahrain and select markets outside Bahrain.
- Develop, own, drive and implement the overall E-commerce strategy to ensure revenue growth and increase in market share
- Define key business objectives and result areas over next 5 years for existing e-commerce operations
- Own e-Commerce P&L to ensure sales, profitability and cash flow targets are consistently met
- Identify growth opportunities from:
o New product categories
- Oversee the budgeting and resource allocation efforts along with the senior leadership/management
- Lead the business development endeavours by Identifying/ideating and implementing new Digital initiatives/business models which could potentially leverage existing group businesses / capabilities / assets
- Define and operationalize omni-channel processes alongside business divisions
- Work alongside key support functions to augment digital capabilities and identify potential business opportunities across logistics, technology, cataloguing, etc
- Working with operations and technology teams, including third party vendors, to ensure global standards of online consumer experience are achieved in all areas, and at all times
- Manage key cost drivers for e-commerce to ensure competitive value proposition in the market and a path to profitability in alignment with the Group’s objectives
- Lead Digital Marketing team to define and execute digital marketing approach for supporting the divisions and e-commerce marketing endeavours
- Adopt best practices and tools in digital marketing, and prepare digital marketing budget for the Group, broken down for each division
- Develop & execute integrated online strategies with wider company marketing plans
- Collaborate with Division heads and marketing teams to define processes for effective execution of digital marketing campaigns, and consistent measurement of key KPIs/ROI
- Develop unique strategies & build upon current customer strategies within the digital arena to meet & exceed leadership’s expectations
- Build e-commerce and digital marketing teams to achieve the defined business objectives
- Attract, recruit and retain top talent, and providing guidance to the team members
- Follow all applicable policies and procedures required for the successful execution of the job.
- Follow the IMS Policy and meet the requirements of the organization’s Integrated Management System which is compliant to international standards for ISO 9001, ISO 22000, OHSAS 18001, and ISO 14001.
- Cooperate with internal and External auditors.
- Make recommendations for continual improvement and support improvement initiatives the company undertakes.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Only define the skills, knowledge and experience specific to the job in question – generic skills will be completed later.
• 10-15 years of professional experience, including leadership positions with one or more of the following:
o 5+ years E-commerce operations in a relatively matured e-commerce market (India, Singapore, UAE, etc.)
o Managing e-commerce in categories such as groceries and FMCG products
o Experience with a large retail conglomerate offering omni-channel services
• Post-graduation in MBA from a Tier 1 institute
• Experience of successfully setting up and leading a business unit or e-commerce start-up will be preferred
• Experience in managing or leading digital marketing function/team
• Dynamic, tech-savvy individual with know-how of fast-paced, global tech and start-up environment/solutions
• Experience of working in the Middle East market will be a plus