Financial Analyst (Reporting & Control)
- Job Location Riyadh-Saudi Arabia
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent experience
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CPA, CFA) is preferred
- 8-10 years of experience in a relevant accounting function with at least 5 years in positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Written and spoken Arabic language capability is desirable
To be directly responsible for the accuracy and on-time completion of the:
- Monthly / Annual closing and reporting
- Statutory reporting and filing
- Annual return of tax and zakat, by the coordination of the tax consultants
- Implements the finance strategy and plans within the department to ensure execution, alignment and integration of all inter-departmental strategies across the company.
- Develops & implements policies, systems, processes, procedures and controls related to own department so that all of the relevant procedural / legislative requirements are met while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to the customers consistently.
- Manages the progression and achievement of the ‘Reporting & Control’ area objectives through leadership – setting individual objectives, managing performance, recruiting qualified staff, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal, in order to maximize subordinate and departmental performance.
Reporting & Control
- Perform continuous assessment of the monthly closing process to reduce the timing to close the financial period.
- Oversee the quarterly, monthly and yearly closure of accounts to ensure routine accounting reports in compliance with all internal requirements.
- Review the financial statement (BS & P&L) ensuring information reported is complete, accurate and reliable.
- Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements and global company’s corporate office requirement.
- Implements and steer the quality of book-keeping based on accounting practices and guidelines to ensure all transactions are properly recorded.
- Maintains the chart of accounts to organize the finances and segregates the expenditures, revenue, assets and liabilities to provide a better understanding of the financial health to top management.
- Own the financial reconciliation of accounts to ensure adequacy and accuracy of all financial data with clear visibility on any balance sheet risks.
- Own the relationship with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with the company decision on accounting disclosures and issues.
- Assist in the coordination of annual audit and review activities of the external auditors.
- Establish strong link with company corporate accounting group and to keep them updated on the Saudi book,
- Ensure that fixed asset booking and verification is carried out and corrections done, if any, in timely manner as per procedures.
- Ensure that business operates in compliance with the Group and local policies, controls and procedures, documentation is up-to-date and ensuring that process owners maintain accountability for the operation of controls.
- Perform other related duties or special assignments as required by the Financial Controller and Financial Director.