Job split 60% Supervision, 30% Strategic/Process Improvements, 10% Collection
Manage portfolio of customer accounts, working closely with sales to meet past due and DSO targets. Follow MEA guidelines on assessing customer risk and risk mitigation of own portfolio of accounts. Apply policy & procedures for collections, credit hold and credit risk in order to meet cash targets.
· Establish and ensure monthly collection goals are integrated with total MENA goals and targets flow to individual collectors.
· Implement strategies and deploy resources to meet collection targets and objectives.
· Drive sustained collections process improvement through the organization by changing behaviours around collections management using six sigma methodologies and integration of other functional disciplines.
· Establish and maintain effective Internal and External working relationships; including Sales, Supply Chain, Customer Service, Finance, Customer Relationships.
· Act as Escalation Leader for financial and customer issues
· Ensure team and individual goals on past due improvement are achieved.
· Participate in Customer Visits
· Monitor & escalate defined uncollectable accounts; Manage National Legal and Collection Agency Portfolios
· Lead & support business AR specific policies, processes and improvement projects
· Drive regular involvement of Regional, Market and National Sales management in regular status of portfolios.
· Perform customer risk assessments with appropriate policies to limit the dollar value of risk exposure with specific customers.
· Ensure collection processes are documented and followed in compliance with SOX requirements.
· Develop succession planning for team, identifying training requirements and milestone targets
· Support internal and external audits as required.
· Provide meaningful commentary as part of monthly requirements for bad debt and top overdue reporting.
· Strong verbal and written communication in English and Arabic
· Previous experience in collections or customer facing role
· Robust competency in Microsoft Excel, Word
· Knowledge in working with database applications and ERP systems e.g. SAP, iScala
· Ability to influence internally with key stakeholders and externally with customers
· University degree
· 5 years of business experience in collections
· 5 years experience in finance or accounting or managing external customer relationships
· 5 years experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, etc…
· Ability to influence without authority
· Knowledge in working with database applications, Scala, Oracle and/or SAP, Get Paid
· High level proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
· Excellent communication skills
Skills & Competencies:
· Self -motivated; Assertive
· Proven record of meeting deadlines
· Process-orientation with customer focus
· Time management, organization, and prioritization skills
· Ability to apply judgment in problem solving
· Ability to ask probing questions to obtain necessary information