About the job
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
The Global Services team is looking for exceptional individuals to join our Controls team as Controls Engineer, responsible for the building automation systems within Amazon . If you are passionate about the Customer Experience, think and act globally and have the ability to contribute to major new innovations in the area of building controls and automation this is the challenge you are looking for!
The ideal candidate will possess a /construction management, mechanical, electrical or technology background that enables him/her to undertake the challenges of sophisticated controls platforms and a demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically in aligning building controls and automation with the larger objectives of the business.
Role Responsibilities And Requirements
- Understanding of: electrical diagrams, control diagrams, building operations, control circuits, industrial HVAC.
- Ability to ascertain customer needs to help develop scope and specifications.
- Ability to manage scope of work relative to the site specifics and customer needs.
- Ability to manage engineering to determine the scope of work relative to the design intent of the customer needs.
- Ability to read and interpret specifications and implementing those specifications as they apply the work environment.
- Development of control panel BOM’s.
- Development of ISA sheets for temperature, level, flow, and pressure transmitters along with ISA sheets for control valves, positioners, analytical, and various other types of instrumentation.
- Development of drawings for control panels, power distribution, junction boxes. Included in the drawings are the general arrangement, internal layout, schematics and interconnection and wire diagrams.
- Development of logic diagrams in the International Automation format for complex logic devices such as Programmable Logical Controller and Distributed Control System.
- Preparation of cable, routing plans and schedules.
- Performing inspects, testing, and commission of the facility systems.
- Work individually and as part of a team to develop new products, support existing products, test and evaluate equipment.
- Provide technical assistance as needed to internal customers.
- Coordinate work internally within the department and externally with other departments to ensure on-time completion of projects within budget.
- Manage service contracts with various vendors.
- Must be business proficient in English.
- B.S. in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, HVAC, or other related engineering degree, OR 5+ years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of experience in project coordination with multiple teams or vendors to meet project requirements.
- 3+ years of experience with installation, configuration, or servicing, one or more of the following products; Siemens: Apogee, Honeywell: Building Controls, Trend: Building Controls, Schneider Electric: PowerLogic/Struxureware, Rockwell Automation: FactoryTalk, Tridium: Niagra, Eaton: Foreseer, ABB: Decathalon, Johnson Controls: Metasys
- Windows Power User skill set, proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, and project management software.
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering documentation, electrical diagrams, and standard operating procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated success in leading teams in construction or development environment.
- Ability to manage multiple (3-12) stakeholder deliverables, requirements, and navigate difficult situations.
- Demonstrated experience developing and justifying budgets, and managing financial performance.
- Experience managing capital projects ranging from $50K to $10M.
- Demonstrated experience developing, managing, or validating performance specifications and requirements.
- Ability to communicate to vendors and make decisions using industry standard knowledge (Controls theory, protocols Modbus / BACnet, mechanical / electrical systems, passive infrastructure).
- Demonstrated experience expanding Controls knowledge base – new systems, technology, etc.
- Experience working in data centers or other critical facilities.
- Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company – Amazon Data Services Bahrain S
Job ID: A1403351