- Manage the effective achievement of the commercial department objectives through setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing staff and providing formal and informal feedback in order to maximize overall performance and team motivation.
- Prepare and recommend the department budget and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/ revenues, and areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
- Research and analyze the health insurance and healthcare market in order to identify new business opportunities and to advise senior management on new market trends/ developments in the health insurance sector in accordance with strategic plan.
- Maintain Network and actively drive acquisitions of new clients, lead negotiations and close deals within the mandate to reach the entity’s targets and establish and maintain good business relationships with clients to ensure stable growth.
- Research and develop strategies and plans which identify marketing opportunities, direct marketing, and new project development. Reflect this knowledge onto the products and services development.
- Establish and implement short and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Actively solicit and gather customer feedbacks in order to improve service levels. Use multiple channels including (but not limited to) periodic customer satisfaction surveys and personal interactions.
- Ensure functional relationship between internal departments and the commercial team and high level of communication and efficient & timely transfer of information takes place during operations.
- Motivate subordinates and identify opportunities for continuous improvement of Business Development and management operations and systems, processes and practices taking into account international leading practices, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of all local market related health system
- Knowledge related to medical terminologies would be a plus.
- Understanding of the insurance principles, business models would be a plus
- Structured, analytical and results oriented approach
- Good Command in English.
- Ability to operate effectively with people at all levels of the business.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Quality focus and customer oriented
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to handle stress
- Analytical thinking & statistical skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or any related field.
- Minimum 5- 7 years’ experience in marketing communications, product marketing or field marketing positions with at least 2 years’ experience in Managing Customer Services functions such as call center.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in managerial level in terms of people management.
- Experience in a similar environment in the TPA / medical insurance sector as well would be a plus.