Chief Technical Officer
- University degree in computer systems design or computer science
- Solid experience in SAP implementation/development
- 15+ years of experience managing applications and/or systems management.
Job holder’s role is to align technology vision with business strategy by integrating company processes with the appropriate technologies. Incumbent is also responsible for all aspects of developing and implementing technology initiatives within the organization. This individual maintains existing enterprise systems, while providing direction in all technology related issues in support of information operations and core company values.
- Participates as a member of the senior management team in governance processes of the organization’s architecture, telecommunications, networks, programming, media, and desktops.
- Approves, prioritizes, and controls projects & the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems.
- Leads strategic technological planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies.
- Directs development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan
- Collaborates with the appropriate departments to develop and maintain a technology roadmap that supports organizational needs
- Develops and communicates business/technology alignment plans to executive team, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders
- Acts as primary liaison for the company’s technology vision via regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users
- Conducts research to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable in regards to industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business processes and system alterations
- Analyzes and improves upon technology standards across the organization to maintain a technological and competitive edge within the market.
- Oversees and develops patenting of intellectual property, inventions, and business processes whenever necessary
Standards Compliance Assurance
- Ensure continuous delivery of technical services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of systems, programs, and equipment performance
- Ensure equipment and software operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations
- Define and communicate corporate procedures, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating new network systems, equipment, software, and other technologies
Resource Management & Analysis
- Provides resolution to technical problems creatively & independently in a cost-effective manner
- Reviews hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale
- Develops business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for technology spending and initiatives
- Assesses and communicates risks associated with technology-related investments and
- Develops, tracks, and controls the technical services annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations