Chief of Party
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Provides leadership and strategic direction to the project and the team.
- Provides overall management responsibility for a loan guarantee facility aimed at mobilizing medium to long term bank financing to small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
- Builds relationships with potential donors (traditional and non-traditional) and strategic partners.
- Designs and implements innovative technical assistance program that provides training directly to SMEs, with the objective of increasing their ability to access finance.
- Leads and directs departmental operations and staff.
- Undertakes all other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven successful management of the design and delivery of credit capacity building programs for commercial banks in developing countries.
- Proven in-depth knowledge of the Egyptian SME sector and the developmental, political, and business climate issues in Egypt.
- Proven extensive skills in cash flow based lending to SMEs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of curriculum design and developing training materials, including a Trainer of Trainer (Tot) module.
- Experience leading workshops and trainings for SME capacity building and development.
- Proven ability to successfully mentor and develop professional staff.
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and sound judgment. Proven willingness to make timely and sound decisions based on accurate judgment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to conduct meetings, write reports, and speak in a public forum.
- Superior diplomatic and negotiation skills. Ability to present and discuss technical information in the context of the business.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment and the ability to respond rapidly to changing environments.
- English fluency required. Fluency in Arabic preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with MS Office applications.
- Accuracy, attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and ability to sit at a computer and operate a keyboard.
- At least ten years’ experience managing bank SME lending activities or SME access to finance programs in developing countries, with a minimum of seven years in Egypt. Experience as managing international donor-funded financial sector or enterprise development projects in region/country a plus.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree in economics, business administration, finance, or related field.