Business Development Specialist
This role will be responsible in supporting and assisting the Business Development department specifically on the Revenue Development and Partnerships areas by identifying viable opportunities within new and current markets. The jobholder will have to support these areas in order to meet the full revenue targets and launch campaigns in accordance with the company’s objectives.
The main responsibility in terms of revenue is to secure additional revenues to the company that are not associated to subscription activities, delivering new and fresh ideas on ways of monetizing the organization’s assets. The focus will be around Content Sublicensing, International distribution and Technical services.
In the Partnerships area, the ability to support in developing strategic alliances and campaigns in order to leverage existing and/or new business opportunities. The focus will be around building pipeline of leads, cold calls, developing business proposals and closing deals.
This role requires key coordination with internal departments and external clients and will require strategic planning, negotiation and development across all levels and areas of the business.
· The jobholder will be responsible for supporting the department in identifying and expanding new business within the market while growing the portfolio of existing clients. Generate incremental revenue on NBD and distribution for OTT through creating new pipeline of clients, negotiating contracts and closing new business deals.
· Acts as a liaison with key departments involved with Revenue Development/Partnerships areas within Business Development. Optimize internal processes for the team and streamline various interactions applied internally to improve project delivery timelines.
· Drive & manage relationships with content licensors for the purpose of content sublicensing with third party clients.
· Assess new partnership opportunities for with SME companies. Aftersales services in maintaining partnerships by regular follow-ups on performance, reporting, content, marketing and visibility.
· Liaise with OSN’s legal department on contract reviews, renewals and negotiations. Work on presentations and build proposals following client’s meetings and set engagements.
· Assisting the Telco team with regular market analysis and insights to help understand competition and develop strategic growth initiatives while ensuring OSN’s brand presence and visibility spread across Telco’s and key partner stores
Frameworks, boundaries and decision-making authority:
The jobholder will require to develop/follow-up on leads, closing deals, internal process, initiating projects/ideas, assisting with client accounts and relationships. The ideal candidate will be able to leverage existing and new projects in different regions. The jobholder will also have demonstrated sales experience and partnerships in a mission-driven corporate environment. The candidate will take on responsibilities on an as-needed basis, as is often required of a developing team.
Qualifications, experience, skills and competencies:
2 years’ experience in Media/Broadcast/Content industry
3 years’ experience in Business Development in MENA and/or other regions
1 – 2 years’ experience in managerial level
Education requirement: Bachelor’s degree
Knowledge & Skills:
· Excellent command of English and Arabic (Bilingual is a must)
· Previous Experience in Content Sublicensing & International Distribution is a requirement
· Knowledgeable in selling Technical services to third party
· Established experience in a Business Development function is a preference
· Experience in B2B with proven track record of handling clients and accounts
· Great communication and interpersonal skills and ability to liaise and assist with, superiors, peers, co-workers, clients, and partners. Candidate should be a team player helping out where needed as well as comfortable working independently and proactively
· High level computer skills in the following applications: MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and various Internet applications.
· Ability to manage multiple projects that are different in scope and objectives.
· Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.