About the job
An excellent opportunity is available for a Vice President in Operational Risk with a banking business who offer a wide range of banking products and services based in the head office location in Sharjah.
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, the Vice President in Operational Risk will be responsible for ensuring the Bank maintains adequate controls for operational risk and business continuity management, thus ensuring the Bank is in full compliance with all relevant banking laws, regulations, and internal policies and procedures.
- Managing the overall risk function and operational, business continuity and fraud prevention risk units
- Member of the Risk Management Group, Operational Risk and Business Continuity steering committee
- Strong control mindset with an aptitude to identify & assess operational risk issues
- Advise and consult with businesses heads on all product and service offerings
- Recommend and deploy sound risk management practices; keep abreast of the industry risk control models
- Implement and monitor Operational Risk framework across the bank (including Branches) covering Incident Management, Business Continuity Management, Risk and Control Self-Assessment, Key Risk Indicators etc
- Develop strong relationship with key stakeholders and business partners by addressing issues/concerns in timely manner
The Vice President of Operational Risk will posses extensive operational risk management experience from within the banking sector, with experience of having done so within the United Arab Emirates (UAE) with exposure to UAE Central Bank throughout your career You will be an Arabic and English speaker to business level. You will have strong experience of managing risk teams and functions.
This is an excellent newly created opportunity in the United Arab Emirates. Please apply now or for further information contact Arlene Porazo at Robert Walters at email@example.com