The air freight industry landscape is entering an accelerated phase of change and transformation. From digitalising the end-to-end value chain, to fortifying a true e-commerce experience, to the launch of digital freight marketplaces, and much more. At Qatar Airways Cargo, we recently launched our VISION 2027 Roadmap as part of The Next Generation programme. The roadmap encapsulates the journey to bring about changes both internally and externally with the objective to simplify business engagements with Qatar Airways Cargo regardless whether the task on hand is complex or simple.
To support our VISION 2027 roadmap, we are looking for talents – the bold, the imaginative and the change-maker. All of whom will support Qatar Airways Cargo’s position as a true leader in the air freight industry. If you want to make an impact, to grow your experience and to challenge your comfort zone, then join us at Qatar Airways Cargo and be part of The Next Generation of change-makers.
Become the ambassador and the orchestrator of Qatar Airways Cargo VISION 2027.
We are pleased to announce this incredibly exciting opportunity to be part of Qatar Airways Cargo Commercial / Sales team as a ULD Business Support Specialist in our office in Doha.
Join the #MovedByPeople family and leave a mark as part of Cargo Commercial/ Sales. We care, we lead and we have fun managing small to large-scale business transformation projects to offer simple service to our customers while connecting global communities.
In this role you will be managing the on-going repair activities, monitoring, reporting and providing analysis as well as insights for the ULD Repair Workshop. Provide analysis to drive continuous improvement and ad hoc responses for specific decision making issues for e.g. repair forecast and volume trends, peak trough analysis, capacity/capability analysis, financial and operational KPIs. Constantly engaging in the development, management and enhancement of the systems and processes.
Some of the tasks include,
- Accountable for development of performance metrics, reporting and improvement targets for the ULD Repair Workshop.
- Purchase orders are prepared, actioned and monitored promptly Raising computer stock requests and processing incoming parts and material Responsible for inventory usage check and parts ordering to the supplier accordingly before production halted due to stock outs.
- Deliver performance reports/dashboards for management.
- Identify, monitor and resolve any service quality shortfalls or adverse KPI trends across the ULD Repair Workshop. This will involve close collaboration with the ULD team.
- Responsible for the change management in the case of changes in the current processes, or in case new processes are implemented – advise and guide the ULD Repair Workshop team to support collaborative working approaches to achieve optimum service levels and KPIs.
- Manage projects within the area of ULD Repair Workshop:
- To ensure end to end delivery of assigned ULD Repair Workshop projects/solutions by analysing / drafting / follow-up on the projects requirements in direct coordination with IT, Finance, other QR departments and suppliers to meet project goals.
- In coordination with the line manager and stakeholders, design, implement and deliver relevant communication strategy ensuring all regular project communications are sent out on time.
- Regularly communicate / follow up via email and phone calls with the ULD team to ensure project targets are met. Ensure projects are carried out through the defined phases fully complying with QR cargo processes and procedures.
- Regular analyses of data to access changes in project scope, identify potential risks and devise contingency plans are designed in co-ordination with the Line Manager. To gather relevant project related business cases.
- Meet and manage operational requirements or KPIs, that may include but are not limited to:
- Costing with rogue values
- Customer and or supplier payment disputed or overdue account
- Audit findings both internal and external
- Production halted due to stock outs
- No Long-term work in progress
- Responsible of drafting the budget proposal for the Line Manager and provide support to the annual budget process.
- Identifies opportunities for improving training methods and procedures: communicates recommendations appropriately. Designs and creates course content and curriculum, based on identified technical training program. Ensures the effectiveness of all related training materials.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 3-5 years of job- related experience
- Excellent understanding of systems within a production environment
- Advanced MS office skills
- Excellent command of the English language both verbally and in writing
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
About Qatar Airways
Qatar Airways is the national airline of the State of Qatar. Based in Doha, the Airline’s trendsetting on-board product focuses on: comfort, fine cuisine, the latest in-flight audio & video entertainment, award-winning service and a modern aircraft fleet averaging around 5 years of age.
Awards by industry audit Skytrax:
- Airline of the Year (2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2021)
- World's Best Business Class (2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021)
- Best Business Class Airline Lounge (2014, 2016, 2021)
- Best Airline in the Middle East (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2021)
- Best Airline Staff in the Middle East (2016)
- Best Business Class Seat (2015, 2019, 2021)
- Best Business Class onboard Catering (2021)
Qatar Airways serves more than 150 key business and leisure destinations worldwide, with a fleet of over 200 aircraft. The airline flies to Australia, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa, North America, and South America.
Qatar Airways is looking for the very best candidates to help support the Airline's incredible growth. Visit http://bit.ly/QRvacancies to land a great career.