Requisition ID: 269075
- Relocation Authorized: International – Camp
- Telework Type: Full-Time Office/Project
- Work Location: Sharma
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy, and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
Testing and Commissioning Manager (Regional Infrastructure)
Saudi Arabian Bechtel Company will provide project management consultancy services (including technical, commercial and construction management) for the development of certain defined aspects of the NEOM Infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. NEOM is a plannedcross-border city in the Tabuk Province of north-western Saudi Arabia . The site is near the Red Sea and the borders of Egypt , Israel and Jordan . It will cover a total area of 26,500 km 2 (10,200 sq. mi) and will extend 460 km along the coast of the Red Sea. NEOM will be the home and workplace to more than a million residents from around the world. It will include towns and cities, ports and enterprise zones, research centres, sports and entertainment venues, and tourist destinations. As a hub for innovation, entrepreneurs, business leaders and companies will come to research, incubate and commercialize new technologies and enterprises in ground-breaking ways. A number of posts will be appointed during the course of this year.
Detailed Job Description
This role supports the management of the Testing & Commissioning (T&C) for the Regional Infrastructure and subsequent design and delivery contractors for pipelines, water treatment facilities and other infrastructure work. This role provides technical and management oversight of activities relating to the planning, development and delivery of the T&C deliverables. The work will require coordination with the other NEOM Projects and the subsequent design and delivery contractors with T&C plans, technical documentation and delivery of scope in the field. The T&C Manager has a key role in the planning and the phasing of the project in such a way that it can be tested sequentially to optimize safety, quality, schedule and cost.< During the early project phases, the Testing and Commissioning Manager will work collaboratively with the client, Consultants and design/delivery contractors, regulating agencies, third parties and other stakeholders to develop the processes and procedures to govern testing, commissioning and related functions. Outputs of this work will also inform contract terms and conditions for the design/delivery agreements.
- Be a visible leader in Environmental, Safety, Health and Ethics during the planning and execution phases of the project.
- Implementing the Bechtel best practices through standard processes and procedures, and deep collaboration with functional management and similar ongoing projects around the world.
- Support the establishment and management of the detailed NEOM Projects T&C Strategy, T&C Plans and support processes which includes
- Sequencing of major dynamic test phases of the project and supporting the planning effort of the backwards pass schedule
- Leading the development and implementation of an integrated testing and commissioning schedule for projects
- Developing an overall test phase strategy and hierarchy for the various contractors to fit in to
- Ensuring the appropriate logic and sequencing of integrated testing between contractors is understood and built into governing plans and procedures, with particular attention to integrated testing of multiple systems leading to full commissioning and operations
- Define the roles and responsibilities for a T&C organisation; to include project management and contractor positions
- Review designs from a commissioning perspective and give input on requirements such as temporary installations, and work sequencing
- Provide best-practice input to contractor T&C programs
- Develop temporary operations and LOTO/PTW programs with contractors and execute role of management and/or oversight of contractor responsibilities.
- Develop an appropriate oversight program for ensuring a quality field execution by contractors.
- Organise and lead a team to implement the programs and processes developed during the development phase and oversee the contractors’ performance during testing, commissioning and handover
- Understanding the project work breakdown structure and division of responsibilities for testing and commissioning between contractors and ensuring appropriate coordination and integration of activities are incorporated in governing programs and procedures
- Establish ground rules and expectations for the contractors’ development of appropriate safety rules and procedures to govern the conduct of testing and commissioning
- Liaising with the regulatory approval process to understand expectations and planned involvement of authorities in system qualification testing so that appropriate measures are defined in governing programs and procedures
- Developing a system for measuring and reporting overall testing and commissioning status and for identifying and resolving test failures in support of the project’s assurance and certification requirements
- Developing effective relationships with each contractor’s testing and commissioning managers to establish a collaborative and supportive environment for the conduct of integrated testing
- Ensure set up of Systems Completion and test databases for the discrete tracking of documentation required to complete each phase
- Map out T&C and completions requirements for operational readiness early in the project lifecycle with appropriate tracking mechanisms to ensure no ‘documentation delay’ at key temporary and normal operational phases
- Manage the effort to handover the asset to the customer, including ensuring O&M requirements are met for transferring of the assets
Essential Technical Skills:
- Recognized degree in engineering or scientific discipline, or specialised courses in construction/project management and techniques, OR A professional license from a recognized licensing board, OR Progressive work experience including supervisory / managerial experience in infrastructure project leadership roles such as Testing & Commissioning Manager, Systems Integration Manager, Delivery Manager
- Minimum of 15 years progressive Testing & Commissioning/Delivery experience, with 5 years in a infrastructure services environment
- Experience in managing T&C department activities and overseeing testing, commissioning and operations activities as Project T&C Manager for one or more very large or complex projects, or a major project on which there are unique problems in the schedule, finance, construction or design
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory standards and design criteria in all areas of commissioning
- Client interface experience and engagement with contractors and subcontractors
- Strong English language communication and report writing skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs and have the ability to prepare reports.
- Setting up management systems for tracking and delivering T&C
Essential Behavioral Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, have a knowledge sharing, collaborative approach and be open to input and ideas from others.
- Must be able to work within a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team and manage challenging relationships across a range of entities
- Must be self-driven and able to plan and execute work without direct supervision from senior management and/or peers.<
- Must to be flexible and adapt to working in a demanding PMO environment, including the need to travel and work remotely if / when required
Preferred Technical/behavioral Skills
Relevant knowledge/experience of working in KSA and the middle east with a sound understanding of the cultural norms and requirements of the region
Living and working on the NEOM Project is a single status assignment condition located in Sharma, KSA with camp accommodation (Meals and Laundry Services provided). Rotational Leave is 2 weeks off after 8 weeks worked with provided allowances for airfare and en-route expenses.
Grade will be dependent on assigned scope, and experience of candidate to match that scope. As general guidance:
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, incl. understanding of current business trends
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities
- Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team
- Manages the work efforts of supervisors/individual contributors
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with the laws of Saudi Arabia, Bechtel has adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for all work locations in the country. These requirements may include vaccination and testing. Any and all offers of employment with Bechtel in Saudi Arabia are expressly conditioned upon the applicant’s willingness and ability to comply with all COVID-19 related safety laws and Bechtel protocols in place at the time of a candidate’s start date. A candidate’s failure or refusal to comply with such laws and protocols renders an issued offer null and void.
This requirement cannot be waived by a recruiter, manager, or supervisor. Your submission of an application for employment with Bechtel in Saudi Arabia constitutes your understanding and acknowledgment of this express condition.