About the job
Line of Service
General Tax Consulting
Job Description & Summary
A career within International Tax Services will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC address their cross border tax needs both locally and globally by managing their global tax rates, finding areas of cost reduction, and responding to inquiries from regulatory authorities. You’ll gain a global perspective and an awareness of tax issues stemming from changes to evolving business structures and geographic expansions.
Our International Tax Services Generalist – Practice Support team advises PwC on tax laws and reporting, legislation and planning strategies based on the geography and jurisdiction. You’ll be assisting our team with local tax laws, reporting requirements, statutory filings, corporate strategy, transfer pricing and indirect tax and other international taxation needs.
A detailed description of the type of work is as follows
You will be involved in inbound tax matters as well as M&A transactions and company formations.
- Advising clients on the choice of vehicles to undertake business pursuant to Qatar’s laws and regulations as well as assisting clients to set up their businesses in Qatar (e.g. formation of companies).
- Drafting and reviewing documents and agreements (e.g. articles of association, shareholders’ agreements, service agreements) and dealing with the relevant ministries.
- Advising multinational clients to structure their investments and operations in Qatar and the wider Middle East region in a tax efficient manner.
- Advising large Qatari and GCC clients (including sovereign wealth funds) on the tax efficient structuring of their global investments (e.g. private equity, real estate, infrastructure, listed securities etc) across multiple territories.
- M&A work including tax due diligence, tax efficient structuring of acquisitions (e.g. shares v assets, holding structures etc) and input into SPA and includes both inbound into the region as well as outbound acquisitions by strategic Qatari clients.
Our clients include a number of Shariah compliant banks so there is opportunity to be involved in Islamic Finance work as well.
A good understanding of international tax issues (e.g. holding structures, double tax treaties, permanent establishment issues, withholding taxes, taxation systems of other countries etc).
- Good understanding of M&A practices, including, consulting multinational corporations, privately held companies and partnerships with respect to the tax aspects of planning, structuring and executing transactions of all sizes; analyzing proposed transactions for unusual tax risks or undetermined tax benefits; and advising clients on tax-efficient restructurings, divestitures, spin-offs, due diligence and strategy formulation.
- Strong technical and report writing skills – including the ability to interpret legislation and by-laws and review and draft agreements
- Excellent project management skills – including managing multiple projects simultaneously across a number of jurisdictions as well as management of resources, budget, billing, collection
- Fluency in written and spoken English (fluency in Arabic is also preferred but not essential)
- Coaching, developing, mentoring and training junior staff
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience required
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting required. Master of Science in Taxation, or Master of Law degree in Taxation preferred.
- Experience in identifying and addressing client needs
- Building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships
- Considerable experience as a team leader
- Good business writing and Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills and commercial awareness
Essential skills: Writing, reporting and presentation skills are essential, as well as management, coordination, coaching and business development Skills
Desirable skills: Entrepreneurial skills, cross selling and business development
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field Of Study Required
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?