About the job
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Specialist, Talent Acquisition – 6 month contract
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Talent COE of Human Resources enables the business strategy through the delivery of simple, digitally enabled, and business-relevant talent products and services across the world to our more than 13,000 employees. We are comprised of 3 pillars of expertise excellence: Acquisition, Development and Management.
It is our collective goal within the company to create an environment where top emerging professionals entering the workforce choose to work. Our collection of programs and services reflects the diversity of our employees, our place in the community and our culture, it’s what makes us a great place to work and it’s why we attract and retain some of the most talented people in the world.
As a Talent Acquisition Advisor (internally known as Senior Specialist, Talent Acquisition), it will be your job to work as part of the Talent Acquisition team to find and hire world class talent for various positions across Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (EEMEA). This includes role management, candidate market analysis, creation of talent pipelines through headhunting, creation of LinkedIn project folders, interviewing, candidate management, database/CRM maintenance and ensuring quality assurance compliance.
In This Role You Will
- Serve as the point of contact for internal and external candidates, initial hires, business groups and divisions
- Collaborate with stakeholders to tailor strategies to attract the best talent in the external market
- Collaborate with hiring managers to create job ads for current openings
- Advertise job openings on careers pages, job boards and social networks (e.g. LinkedIn)
- Conduct initial screening of identified passive external candidates
- Manage pipeline talent in CRM for future roles
- Be responsible for upholding designated TA processes and systems
- Monitor sourcing effectiveness both direct and agency through key performance indicators to identify improvements to sourcing strategies (direct source hires, time-to-fill, cost per hire, diversity, candidate pipeline quality, and applicant tracking system functionality, data integrity)
- Manage agency delivery/ KPI’s and track our agencies on time, cost and quality of work.
- High degree of commercial acumen and analytical rigor
All About You
The successful candidate for this role:
- Demonstrates a high degree of commercial acumen and analytical rigor
- Has agency and/or in house recruitment experience
- Is strategic thinker who can challenge the status-quo and develop plans for successful delivery of challenging objectives. Commits to business objectives and pulls out the stops to make sure they are always met.
- Is a strong communicator and influencer
- Has an agile mind with the ability to absorb and interpret technical and business information.
- Has a ‘can-do’ and ‘will-do’ attitude. The ability to build cross-functional relationships and to work, under pressure, with different teams.
- Has experience of end to end ownership of full 360 Recruitment for agreed roles
- Demonstrates tenacity (Use to working to TA SLA’s on Time to Hire, Quality etc.)
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.