Job DescriptionDue to succession within the Construction Supervision Team, Saudi Arabian Parsons Ltd (SAPL) are looking to hire a Senior Resident Construction Manager at the Yanbu Industrial City Program on the West Coast of Saudi Arabia.Reporting directly with the Head of Department, you will act as the Authorized Representative across various ongoing projects and oversee the construction activity of Contractors to ensure the projects are delivered within budget and schedule in accordance with specifications and contractual obligations.In the role you will manage and supervise a team of Resident Construction Engineers and support staff as well as interfacing with Design & Engineering, Contracts & Commercial and the Clients representatives.Key Activity Will Include But Not Limited To
- Monitors and ensures Contractor meets and fulfills project goals, design specifications and contractual obligations – such as construction management activities and methodology, budget, schedule requirements, field operations, Owner’s procedures, Department KPIs, quality control and Safety.
- Develops a close working relationship with contractor. Provides project management guidance in interpretation of specifications, procedures, methods, schedule, and productivity. Reviews problems with contractor to determine whether proposed remedies are adequate for resolution.
- Supervises the Resident Construction Engineers (Arch, Civil, Elec, Mech) and Administrative support staff.
- Receives initiates and routes all correspondence and submittals between Contractor and Owner.
- Reviews shop drawings / as-built drawings, material submittals and technical or contractual clarifications submitted by contractor, and coordinates and routes for various Departmental or End User approvals.
- Reviews and recommends approval of Contractor’s Monthly Invoices and Progress reports.
- Initiates, routes for approval, and presents packages of Letter of Instruction, Claims and Change Order/Modification packages as needed.
Applicants who meet the following qualifications and credentials are only those who will be considered for this role:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Project or Construction Management obtained from a recognized WESTERN UNIVERSITY.
- 15 years of post graduate / professional experience, of which at least 8 years must be direct Project or Construction Management responsibility for the successfully delivery of projects throughout all construction phases.
- Working experience and general knowledge of multi-craft and multi-discipline construction practices – and in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to read and understand Technical Specifications, Design Drawings, Programs, Schedules, and Contract documents.
- Fluent in English – oral and written, is required.
- Knowledgeable with MS Office computer systems; MSWord, Excel, Power Point.
Furthermore Professional Registration / Chartership / PMI Certification is desired.Minimum Clearance Required To StartNot Applicable/NoneParsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.