Principal Objective: A brief summary of the responsibilities of the position
Senior supervisory field engineering level in construction methodology and management and application of civil marine engineering techniques on large offshore piping, civil structures and marine dredging. Responsible for managing construction contractors, and supervision. Monitoring activities and providing technical guidance and expertise to ensure completion within established budget and schedule, in accordance with design specifications and contractual obligations. Additional safety requirements are required for offshore working BOSIET / TBOSIET
Major Activities Performed: List the major job function(s) of the position.
- Implement and adhere to the QA/QC Program, safety guidelines, and specifications during work activities.
- Provide guidance to contractors regarding schedule, procedures, the scope of work and other information requirements.
- Plan and organize monitoring of contractor’s activities. Review activities of subordinates to ensure field operations are adequately monitored and all necessary tests and inspections are conducted. Assist in preparing manpower forecasts to ensure adequate staffing for monitoring activities.
- Develop a close working relationship with the contractor. Provide technical guidance in the interpretation of specifications. Review job plans, methods, equipment, staffing and productivity and detect potential problems in conforming to established schedules or specifications. Review problems with the contractor to determine whether actions proposed are adequate for resolution.
- Review shop and as-built drawings submitted by the contractor. Obtain engineering review and approval. Identify and report on discrepancies in original design or in contract documents that necessitate contract modifications. Review submitted construction, quality assurance and other procedures, and obtain necessary approvals.
- Coordinate with other departments to obtain required support. Coordinate and interface between contractors and project management staff where project impacts on other projects. Resolve conflicts in schedules and coordinate tie-ins of facilities where applicable.
- Recommend approval of schedule changes in the sequence of construction activities where required.
- Compile technical data to prepare weekly and monthly reports on project progress, cost and quality control. Conduct or direct fact finding investigations and advise SRCM of problems in meeting schedules or specifications.
- Assist SRCM in administration functions and initiate correspondence to contractors and other departments for SRCM’s signature.
- Review and verify that items submitted for billing on Work Estimates are justified and confirm actual performance.
- Determine the percentage of work completed and recommend payment of Work Estimates as appropriate.
- Advise contractor when not acceptable or of necessary corrective action or additional documentation required.
- Assist in coordinating the compilation of relevant documentation and the determination of actual events and situations causing contract delays and/or claims and in evaluating the validity of claims.
Experience and Qualifications:
List the background experience required for the position, number of years’ experience, in what fields. Describe the desirable academic background.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field from a western university.
- Minimum 12 years of construction supervision experience in civil and marine work type of projects, including atleast 5 years of experience in the supervision field of construction management.
- Experience in CFA piling and construction of Onshore & Offshore concrete structures.
- Working knowledge of deep excavation dewatering procedures.
- Working knowledge of barge dredging construction practices.
- Knowledge of relevant marine and environmental standards and practices.
- PMP certification is desirable and US professional Engineer registration is preferred.
- Must be fluent and able to effectively communicate in both spoken and written English Language.
- Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), read construction schedules (Primavera).
Minimum Clearance Required To Start
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.