We are currently searching for a Senior Project Manager – Sustainability to join our team in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The Senior Project Manager supports clients at a strategic level in a program advisory capacity and also embed in management roles on programs and projects.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading teams or functions within projects , the development of strategies and plans and management of stakeholders and other consultants, resources, schedules, financials etc. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives within the PMO.
We require you to have experience as an Sustainability Project Manager in one or of the following areas;
Natural Areas and Biodiversity
With us, your preconceptions will be tested, your resilience built, and your career enriched.
Your Daily Responsibilities Are Expected To Comprise The Following…
- Assessment of project objectives expected benefits, performance indicators, scope, size and complexity, timescale, phases, cost and risk appetite.
- Develop the best way in which programs or projects are to be structured, directed and managed including the optimal organization structure, authority and decision-making roles, prioritisation and initiation of new work, assignment of resources and funds, methods, processes and issue resolution.
- Define the organisation of the design and delivery process including level of client interface and oversight, resources and skills, design cycles, assurance approach, information and communication management and design packaging approach.
- Support the Project Planner in the development of the schedule and strategic milestones and analyse key dependencies and test various phasing options.
- Develop a program-wide construction and logistics strategy to identify and understand constraints and technical risks, hidden costs, resource and infrastructure requirements.
- Develop project execution plans and documents required to manage the project
- Manage every aspect of a project, including its planning, communication, risk assessment, and resources.
- Ensure availability of financial, material and human resources required to successfully complete a project
- Guide and direct project team members to ensure compliance with set standards, procedures, and guidelines
- Evaluate the progress of a project to detect limitations or faults in order to seek solutions to a more efficient process
- Monitor industry trends to identify changes in project strategies, tools, terminology and to adjust accordingly
- Use processes to delegate and ensure even distribution of tasks to project team members
- Manage budgets, schedule expenditure, and initiate corrective action to meet financial objectives
- Motivate team members to meet project goals by effectively carrying out their responsibilities
- Conduct feasibility studies and oversee the selection of consultants and subconsultants
- Ensure time booked on project is accurately recorded on Deltek time management system
- Support the PMO function with business development and bidding activities
- Support the growth and improvement of the PMO processes and procedures
We’ll help you meet your goals, respecting your ideas and fostering your creativity, collaboration and innovation.
Our ideal candidate is expected to demonstrate the following;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Administration, or a related field
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification may be advantageous
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to details and technicalities
- Excellent organisational and technical skills
- Good interpersonal and multi-tasking skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt and stress management skills
- Good IT and mathematical skills
- A highly organised, creative, and conscientious individual, capable of managing multiple key stakeholder expectations.
- Excellent written, visualisation and verbal communication skills, and can easily simplify complex concepts into compelling narratives to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- A positive, resilient attitude with a willingness to undertake volume work processes
- Proven ability to manage time and act with pace, demonstrating a highly organised approach to work, and customer service.
Be you at Buro Happold
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.