About the job
Building on our past. Ready for the future?
Worley is a global professional services company of energy, chemicals and resources experts headquartered in Australia.?
Right now, we’re bridging two worlds as we accelerate to more sustainable energy sources, while helping our customers provide the energy, chemicals and resources that society needs now.?
We partner with our customers to deliver projects and create value over the life of their portfolio of assets. We solve complex problems by finding integrated data-centric solutions from the first stages of consulting and engineering to installation and commissioning, to the last stages of decommissioning and remediation. Join us and help drive innovation and sustainability in our projects.
- Provide discipline specific design and drafting services to WorleyParsons and its clients, and technical support within the discipline and to other disciplines.
- Deliver various discipline deliverables to meet agreed schedule
- Apply recognized engineering practices applicable to Piping and layout design.
- Apply good interpersonal skills, liaising with members of other disciplines and departments.
- Regularly review and challenge design procedures and instructions; simplify and improve them to facilitate awareness, understanding and application.
- Develop and promote CAD initiatives to improve cost effectiveness of design / drafting work within own discipline.
- Ensure that the level of design work is appropriate for the complexity of the construction tasks, achieving a good balance between design costs and implementation costs.
- Managing the work to complete within the schedule and budget.
- Liaison with other disciplines on technical issues.
- Apply an awareness and willingness to work as a team member.
- Quality Assurance – work within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Safety – Responsible for incorporating safety in design for the discipline and complying with the Project Health & Safety procedures
- Undertake short trips to other countries as deemed necessary.
- Undertake field survey & site survey activity as deemed necessary.
- Take part in learning EMS (Corporate Quality Procedure) and other training activities as required.
- Executing and managing the design activities in Client’s office as deemed necessary.
- Diploma of engineering or equivalent
- Familiar with the prime drivers related to Piping and layout discipline.
- Experienced in early identifying inputs required for Piping discipline from Client & other discipline in projects.
- Experienced in providing required inputs from Piping discipline to other discipline in projects.
- Proven experience of Piping routing studies (Offshore), Piping alignment sheets, Piping approach drawings and detailed Piping & layout design gained with design contractors and/or oil/gas companies within the petrochemical industry particularly with respect to offshore oil and gas projects.
- A thorough knowledge of the codes and standards and a good understanding of offshore engineering practices applicable to Piping design with a focus on oil and gas facilities.
- Have an experience as a user of 3D CAD modelling and 2D drafting systems applicable to Offshore Piping design & layout.
- Have knowledge and experience in performing MTO activities for a Piping project.
- A committed team player able to work on own initiative with the minimum of supervision.
- Exposure to fabrication, construction and installation activities although detailed involvement is not essential.
Moving forward together?
We want our people to be energized and empowered to drive sustainable impact. So, our focus is on a values-inspired culture that unlocks brilliance through belonging, connection and innovation.?
We’re building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace. Creating a space where everyone feels they belong, can be themselves, and are heard.?
And we’re not just talking about it; we’re doing it. We’re reskilling our people, leveraging transferable skills, and supporting the transition of our workforce to become experts in today’s low carbon energy infrastructure and technology.?
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. Join us to broaden your horizons, explore diverse opportunities, and be part of delivering sustainable change.
Jan 7, 2024
Feb 6, 2024
Reporting Manager Title