Aramco energizes the world economy.Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.OverviewKingdom Liquids to Chemicals Development (IK LTC) is developing the production, shipping, and marketing of low-carbon hydrogen and ammonia as an alternative route-to-market for our oil and gas resources. The SAMREF Max Chemicals (SMC) Division under IK Liquids to Chemicals Development is seeking a Senior Operation Engineer to join the division. The division is responsible for the activities of SAMREF Max Chemicals (SMC) Project Development under the Liquid to Chemicals Program (LTC) and drives the development of project assessment and the delivery of project requirements during FEL I, FEL II, and FEL III. Additionally, the function will be solely responsible for leading the formation and activities of the Integrated Project Team (ITP), the formation of a project steering committee, or equivalent committees to drive major project decisions.The candidate will ensure implementation of work in accordance with the project scope, set plans, and handle contingencies that arise during execution.Key Responsibilities
- Develop chemical process yields, qualities, opex, and mass balances for process configurations in the refining and petrochemical units.
- Provide technical support for the petrochemical unit’s operation readiness, pre-commissioning, and commissioning.
- Develop refinery and petrochemical units’ control logic, cause, and effect.
- Participate in the petrochemical unit’s process optimization and synergy between refinery and petrochemical
- Review and update refinery and petrochemical redline drawings.
- Provide technical support for capital projects involving petrochemical units at various stages of the project life cycle (pre-feasibility, feasibility, pre-feed, feed basic design, detailed engineering, and construction).
- Researching new technologies, regulations, and other factors that may affect business models
- Strong experience in refinery-chemical integration strategies, competitiveness, and benchmarking
- Analyzing the market and identifying opportunities for business growth
- Conducting research on competitors to identify opportunities for new products
- Provide technical input to LP, economic modeling, and capital efficiency.
- Provide insights and recommendations in the financial model output and the ability to guide management to select the best configurations for LTC project cases.
- Developing effective project execution strategies, plans, and teams
- Establishing new client relationships and maintaining existing ones in order to generate revenue
- Deliver the tools, templates, and systems to ensure the safe, passionate, and flawless delivery of the project.
- liaison between project management and technical disciplines to achieve integration across all project disciplines.
- Ensure scope, risk, and interfaces are captured; manage interfaces between internal and external parties and document them.
- A bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering is preferred over an advanced degree.
- at least 15 years of experience with a focus on the refining and petrochemicals operations.
- At least 3 years’ experience in linear programming (LP) and economic modeling
Working environmentOur high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.