Title: Senior Manager, Emergency OperationsEmployee Working Location: Office/In-person (Manitoba, Canada)Employment status: Permanent full timeSalary band: $69,972 $87,465 / yearThe Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 – is seeking a Senior Manager, Emergency Operations to join our team.We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.The incumbent will work in collaboration with the Director, Emergency Management of Manitoba, and Nunavut and within a team of emergency management professionals. The incumbent will be the focal point for response readiness and oversight for all active day to day operations and responses. .In this role, you will:
- Responsible for providing, planning and implementation of initiatives for the capacity building, preparedness, mobilization and coordination of emergency operations for domestic natural disasters,
- Contributes to the development and enhancement of Emergency Management programs
- Together with the geographical leadership, create implementation plans for domestic strategic initiatives, ensuring alignment with national standards, service delivery best practices and assessment standards
- Defines requirements and contribute to the evolution of modalities to be utilized in surge capacity for human resources, system requirements, logistics, and risk management
- Provides leadership and management oversight of operations, developing and managing key operational components related to the delivery of Red Cross assistance
- In collaboration with the geographical leadership, develop, leverage and steward strategic relationships with key partners and stakeholders involved in the response operation including media, community leaders and government
- Directly supervise a team of employees, ensuring work plans are developed, monitored and achieved through ongoing two-way feedback
- Provides coaching, leadership and engagement of EM volunteers
What we are looking for:
- University Degree in Emergency Management, International Development, Program Management or a related discipline, Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of job-related work experience; including a minimum of three (3) years of experience in emergency response operations at a leadership level or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluency in French and English is required.
- Demonstrated leadership level experience in successfully leading & coordinating emergency response or recovery operations.
- Sound knowledge of, and commitment to, a holistic approach to Planning, Preparedness, Response and Risk Reduction.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and supporting multi-disciplinary and geographically remote teams in fluid and challenging situations preferred.
- Excellent political, diplomatic, communication and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to think strategically and under pressure, without access to complete information.
- Proven skills in strategic and operational planning, budgeting and reporting.
- Effective and strong demonstrated supervisory skills required with experience in managing, coaching, and supervising a team in standard operational times and in times of complex responses.
- The majority of the work is performed in an environment which is mostly clean and comfortable.
- May be required to work extended hours during peak periods.
- Must be available to travel to response/recovery operations as required.
- Travel within Canada required.
- Able to work non-traditional hours and respond to after hour emergency/disaster related requests.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible – those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.#regularoperations