Requisition ID: 271373
- Relocation Authorized: International – Single
- Telework Type: Full-Time Office/Project
- Work Location: Sharma
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy, and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
Saudi Arabian Bechtel Company is providing Project Management Consultancy (PMC) services (including technical, commercial, and construction management) for the development of certain defined aspects of the NEOM Infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
NEOM is a planned cross-border city in the Tabuk Province of northwestern Saudi Arabia . The site is near the Red Sea and the borders of Egypt , Israel , and Jordan . It will cover a total area of 26,500 km2 (10,200 sq mi) and will extend 460 km along the coast of the Red Sea. NEOM will be the home and workplace to more than a million residents from around the world. It will include towns and cities, ports and enterprise zones, research centers, sports and entertainment venues, and tourist destinations. As a hub for innovation, entrepreneurs, business leaders, and companies will come to research, incubate, and commercialize new technologies and enterprises in groundbreaking ways.
Summary Of Responsilities
The Senior Construction Engineer (Pipeline) is responsible for the support of contractors’ works and work completion of long-distance pipeline projects. The Senior Construction Engineer (Pipeline) is responsible for monitoring all appointed Contractor’s job site activities and ensure that the construction operations and contractor’s performance follow project ES&H, quality, schedule requirements, whilst maintaining effective relationships when interfacing with stakeholders and general public.
Essential Job Duties
- Construction oversight and compliance of contractors, ensuring works are carried out as per the drawings, specifications and standards, as per schedule and ensures compliance to ES&H plans, quality standards and local/national regulatory safety codes
- Coordinate performance of the installation contractors, project status, schedule, cost control, change management systems
- Coordinate with contractors, engineers, client, and other stakeholders involved in foundation works and superstructure installation
- Input to ensure continuous construction work fronts availability through review of look ahead schedules, commodity charts, resource charts, engineering deliverables, material delivery schedules and any other service requirements including contractor submittals
- Ensures required permits and licenses are in place prior to the start of the specific work at site. Verifies compliance with Permit and License requirements and stipulations
- Responsible for reviewing and approving the contractor’s submittals, technical queries, Field change documents and other technical documents including Drawings and As-Builts
- Ensure all materials and equipment on the site fully comply with international standard and technical specification requirements
- Ensure the closure of project is systematic and complete in all respects
- Maintains an effective relationship with other functional departments and coordinates all jobsite contractual activities
- Provide guidance and technical advice to the Construction Engineers, contractors and monitor their performance
- Coordinates and monitors interfaces with other contractors, lead the review meetings
Qualifications, Experience, Job Knowledge And Skill Set Requirements
- A bachelors or masters degree in Mechanical engineering
- Minimum 15 years of experience in construction projects in a contractor or a PMC role
- Has proven experience and thorough knowledge in construction of large-scale wet utility and potable water supply projects, including the following as a guide
- Experience in the installation of long distance pipelines
- Experience of large diameter potable water pipe installation techniques including manual and automatic carbon steel pipe welding and installation of pipe accessories and valve chambers
- Experience of pipeline internal and external coatings systems
- Experience of testing and commissioning long distance pipe systems, pump stations and associated power supply infrastructure and surge vessels
- Thorough knowledge of international standards and specification and codes (such as ASME welding codes) as applicable, including various safety procedures and practices associated.
- Experience in KSA / Middle east / GCC is preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills to maintain a positive work environment between all parties including the client, contractors, and other stakeholders throughout the project life cycle.
- Self-motivated individual with ability to work independently and exercise professional judgment, with a passion to take ownership of projects and provide sound technical leadership to contractor’s staff and construction engineers
- Experience of working and living in remote camp locations is preferred
Shaping tomorrow togetherBechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with the laws of Saudi Arabia, Bechtel has adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for all work locations in the country. These requirements may include vaccination and testing. Any and all offers of employment with Bechtel in Saudi Arabia are expressly conditioned upon the applicant’s willingness and ability to comply with all COVID-19 related safety laws and Bechtel protocols in place at the time of a candidate’s start date. A candidate’s failure or refusal to comply with such laws and protocols renders an issued offer null and void.
This requirement cannot be waived by a recruiter, manager, or supervisor. Your submission of an application for employment with Bechtel in Saudi Arabia constitutes your understanding and acknowledgment of this express condition.