We believe in a world where growth thrives across borders and cultures. That’s why our Founder and CEO Rick Hammell started Atlas, coining the term Employer of Record (EOR) simultaneously. As an EOR, Atlas employs people to work for companies anywhere in the world. Before we came along, the only businesses offering a similar solution were essentially brokers. They’d outsource your HR and payroll services to third-party providers in different countries. Today, we’re the only 100% Direct EOR in the world, partnering with clients to get to market 82% faster, at a reduced cost, and with lower risk through local expertise in over 160 countries.
Atlas technology powers the idea that companies can employ whoever they want, wherever they are in the world. Through our cloud-based platform, we deliver the Human Resources infrastructure that underpins international growth, leaving companies free to focus on the strategy that makes it happen. We partner with our clients through their international life cycle from the first dip in the global pool until the moment it’s time to set up their own entities and run payroll. Atlas is here from point A to point Z.
The future of work is borderless, and so are we. So, it helps that our people are located around the globe — in the US, UK, India, China and beyond — and speak 90+ languages. Diversity and inclusion are at our core.
We’re excited about our next phase of growth. We’re launching new tech, adding new solutions and now we’re looking for YOU — eager for a challenge, energized by innovation and aligned with our mission to deliver a future of work without borders.
Key objective is to increase company revenue by identifying profitable business opportunities and developing long-term business growth strategies. The responsibilities of the director of business development include recommending ways to improve operations planning, attending meetings with clients and advisors, and notifying partners of key business developments. To be successful as a director you should be persuasive and have strong business acumen. Ultimately, an exceptional director of business development should be adept at negotiating sound business deals as well as demonstrate excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills. You will be responsible for hiring and driving a team that develops key business opportunities by establishing connections, setting meetings, and coordinating demos for the greater organization. This is a high impact position that helps support client relationships and revenue growth. You’ll be partnering closely with our Sales & Marketing teams to identify future clients and will be responsible for generating qualified prospects through channels.
- Manage a team of Inside Sales Managers and Mid-Market Sales Managers.
- Own quarterly sales forecasting and pipeline reviews across team.
- Provide sales coaching, training, and execution of sales strategy in order to increase sales revenue.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of Atlas’ solution offerings
- Track and review key metrics to ensure the success of reps through the full sales cycle.
- Interface and develop professional relationships with existing clients and prospects throughout the organizational levels.
- Display a systemic approach to managing challenging contract negotiations/deals with multiple reps at a time.
- Maintain a real-time understanding of the competitive landscape to assist in determining win-based proposals and pricing.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other functional areas internally at Atlas to ensure a collaborative approach to winning business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or relevant experience.
- At least 3-5 years of individual level tech sales experience.
- At least 3 years managing an SMB Sales Team.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
- Experience using Salesforce.com and measuring system compliance.
- Experience over-exceeding quarterly team quotas through metric based skill development and internal team management.
- Experience working on complex contract negotiations.
- Experience selling HR software preferred
What We Offer
- The opportunity to work with a purpose — simplifying global expansion while supporting sustainable communities around the world
- A diverse and inclusive environment, with over 40 nationalities represented, 90+ languages spoken, and a workforce made up of 52% women
- Flexible PTO and birthdays off
- Growth and development opportunities with access to Coursera – a leading learning and certification provider
- The opportunity to challenge yourself in a high-performing organization and leave each day knowing you have made an impact.
This position description may not describe all duties, responsibilities, and skills associated with this position. It is intended to portray the major aspects of the job. Other duties or skills may be required.
Atlas Technology Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Atlas is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Atlas are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Atlas will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Atlas encourages applicants of all ages.
This role may be subject to a background check after an employment offer has been made and final employment will be subjective to a positive result, in addition, reference may be requested at the final stage of the process.
Atlas enables innovative companies to compete in a global economy, believing that businesses should employ whomever they want, wherever the talent exists.
As the largest Direct Employer of Record (EOR), Atlas is an expertise-enabled technology platform that delivers flexibility for companies to expand across borders, onboard talent, manage compliance, and pay their global workforce without the need for a local entity or multiple third-party providers.
With entities in over 160 countries, Atlas brings localized experience & expertise into an enterprise-grade technology platform that supports thousands of companies and remote teams.
Unlike solutions that use third-party providers, the Atlas platform is uniquely designed to deliver end-to-end EOR solutions and improved user experiences, and provide self-service capabilities and real-time insights that lead to improved business outcomes.