To manage all talent acquisition and resourcing activity for SNC-L Middle East, ensuring delivery of requirements across geographically dispersed locations including UAE, Qatar, KSA, Bahrain, Qatar and Oman.
Knowledge And Skills
- Assesses key stakeholders (employees, colleagues, managers) interests and needs in a given project/situation and manages relationships collaboratively to ensure buy-in.
- Builds and maintain high quality effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels and across all functions – corporate, operations and business
- Takes a systemic view of transformation initiative and partners with line management to apply change management methodology to mobilize organizational support.
- Influencing change both within the talent acquisition team, shared service and the wider SNC-L, Atkins, F+G business streams
Talent management acumen
- Counsels line managers assumptions about talent, applies workforce planning knowledge, engagement strategies and succession management.
- Drives talent attraction through content creation and published material working collaboratively with internal and external marketing and communication teams
- Coaches Talent acquisition and resourcing teams, HR specialists, generalists and line managers to develop their strengths to contribute to the benefit of the whole
- Communicates clear purpose and shared people strategy goals so team members collaborate toward achieving goals.
- Connects and engages people, teams and expand networks by building beneficial working relationships and knows how to leverage others to obtain the needed resources to accomplish organizational tasks.
- Manages the performance and relationships with external recruitment suppliers (such as recruitment agencies, job boards, universities, colleges, ministerial authorities)
- Socially astute and good at reading people, manages conflicts using creativity to negotiate solutions for mutual gains
- Uses business acumen and experience to assess value for the client and comes up with a proposal that produces positive outcomes for stakeholders.
- Ensures suitable hiring decisions are made, influencing the decision-making process as necessary by providing accurate appraisal and factual market information
- Develops and keeps a focus on nationalisation strategies across each location
- Enforces legal compliance, ensuring that corporate governance, recruitment processes and procedures are implemented and followed
- Anticipates roadblocks, defines options, solves problems and constructs plans to deliver project as planned.
- Situational and organizational awareness. Comfortable working under pressure.
- High EQ enabling to perceive, understand sensitive issues and express feeling more accurately and better manage emotions. Able to find the balance between the human side and the professional/work side.
- Culturally aware
- Degree qualified
- Experienced recruitment manager with a proven track record at a senior level.
- Experience of bulk recruitment and large-scale project mobilisations
- Ability to focus on priorities and deliver to tight deadlines
- Proven management ability (coaching, mentoring, delegating etc)
- Confidence and drive to succeed coupled with the ability to be diplomatic and tactful
- Ability to demonstrate high levels of confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheet, database and the Microsoft suite of packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Willingness to travel as and when required
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants;
SNC Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include – Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning. Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service.
We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies.
We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas.
On July 3, 2017, Atkins was acquired by SNC-Lavalin. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.