We are currently searching for a Programme Director to join our team in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The Program Director – PMO provides expertise to some of the region, and businesses’ most trusted clients, and supports the rest of the Cities/Advisory and Consultancy growth plans for the region.
The aim of the role is to help key clients strategize, set up, and develop their Program & projects team/department.
This is a key senior position within our ME business as we seek to grow our PMO / PMO advisory / consulting coverage.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play an important longer-term role within Buro Happold as we drive these services in other regions.
You will be a trusted advisor to our client and internal stakeholders, and you will successfully lead and develop a highly skilled and competent team within this role.
With us, your preconceptions will be tested, your resilience built, and your career enriched.
Your Daily Responsibilities Are Expected To Comprise The Following…
- Responsible for Program Advisory and PMO services across several key clients/accounts
- Responsible for the successful delivery of outcomes for clients in terms of goals set by their executive management, the quality of solutions, meeting delivery timescales and client’s budgets.
- Enhance and leverage key client relationships for the benefit of the Company
- Responsible for all aspects of client satisfaction throughout the phases of work Buro Happold is engaged for
- Set high standards for meeting project requirements in relation to quality, health & safety, and sustainability
- Supervise, counsel and mentor PMO employees and client employees that form part of the team
- Improve the overall maturity of Project-Program-Portfolio Management (P3M) across the organization
- Provide ad hoc advisory and participate in strategic planning sessions and reviews
- Communicate regularly, developing strong relationships across the organization and stakeholders.
- Support the development of the PMO function, hire and manage project staffing requirements in line with project objectives.
- Coach and mentor PMO staff and share knowledge of best practices.
- Set annual performance targets for direct reports and conduct performance reviews.
We’ll help you meet your goals, respecting your ideas and fostering your creativity, collaboration and innovation.
Our ideal candidate is expected to demonstrate the following…
- Track record of leading and delivering programs/projects of a similar scale and should span the program life cycles from conceptualization, initiation, engineering, construction, handover to close out
- Strong management and technical skills
- Proven record of successfully establishing and running a PMO for large scale organizations/firms
- Must have as minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar
- Extensive experience in the field of project management where a significant number of years spent on managing mega programs and as PMO Director
- PMP Certification preferred
- Master’s degree preferred
- Drives delivery and engagement of strategy/tactical plans, through creating a culture of openness and clear communication.
- Able to motivate a diverse workforce, set direction and adapt to fast-changing markets and conditions.
- Takes responsibility as the ultimate decision maker in positive and negative situations. Stands by team members and colleagues
- Drives an innovative and inclusive culture and encourages others to do the same.
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions through collaboration.
About Buro Happold
We are an international, integrated consultancy of engineers, consultants and advisers, with a presence in 31 locations worldwide, over 70 partners and 2,200 employees.
For over 45 years we have built a world-class reputation for delivering creative, value-led solutions for an ever challenging world.
As a truly inter-connected community of experts, we value human wellbeing, curiosity, embrace mutual responsibility and genuinely care about the impact and legacy of our work.