About the job
Aldar Education are currently seeking an outstanding PA – Principal for Al Yasmina academy in Abu Dhabi to start immediately.
Al Yasmina Academy is an outstanding British Curriculum school in the beautiful city of Abu Dhabi. With our globally recognised and admired curriculum, dedicated and passionate practitioners and outstanding teaching and learning, Al Yasmina Academy is an exceptional place to work. It has an exciting, diverse, and progressive learning community that annually produces some of the very best I/GCSE and A Level result in the UAE. Our learning culture is under pinned by our core values of excellence, respect, passion, collaboration, and creativity allowing all students to thrive. Furthermore, the Academy is extremely proud of its recent ADEK inspection, which rated Al Yasmina Academy as ‘Outstanding’ in all six performance standards, putting it amongst the top schools in the UAE and Middle East.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
- Provide the Principal with confidential one to one administrative support.
- Manage the Principals’ diary, ensuring excellent time management
- To be responsible for any correspondence, reports, and other information, as requested by the principal/SLT.
- To attend meetings, document actions arising from meetings attended by Principal.
- Act as a confidential channel of communication with staff/parents and outside agencies and maintain good relationships with all students, parents/carers, colleagues, and external agencies.
- Prepare correspondence and prepare briefing packs, reports and papers as and when requested
- Follow up with concerned parties on relevant resolutions/issues to ensure completion
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Governors, preparing the agendas and briefing papers for the termly meetings, attendance and minute taking.
- Receive ADEK complaints via the appropriate channel, arrange for responses to be written, translated and returned to ADEK
- Arrange Parent Meetings with the Principal, often under difficult circumstances
- Monitor the ADEK Mailbox – to advise Principal of any urgent correspondence
- Monitor the ADEK PASS to assist with the onboarding of new staff
- To follow the policies and procedures as detailed by the school.
- Work collaboratively with Administration team, HR Team, Admissions and PREs
- Carry out any other duties, commensurate with the post, which, from time to time, may be necessary for the good order of the academy, as directed by the Principal.
- Assist in any arrangements for visitors.
- Minimum diploma / degree of higher education; or Related industry qualification, of graduate level, for the assigned functional area(s).
- 5+ Years’ Experience in similar role.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills
- To be approachable, professional, calm, and knowledgeable.
- A proactive approach to Principals workload, anticipating requirements ahead
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written who can build strong relationships with colleagues
- To be able to deal professionally with a range of stakeholders, parents and Government representatives.
- The ability to negotiate and influence to improve the workflow of the Executive Leadership Team
- Innovative problem solver, who can offer solutions to complex challenges
- To be able to prioritize an often-changing workload.
- To be IT literate.
- Understands the confidential aspect of the role
- To be able to think ahead and use initiative
Aldar Education are a family of world-class, child centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders.We offer an attractive remuneration package, our future focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Education are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.