About UsBe part of our growing Atkins Strategic Advisory team where we help our clients in the capital projects environment to deliver their big ambitions across the Middle East.Our Organization Excellence team help clients with their organisational challenges to support in the delivery of their strategic plans and corporate visions within the built environment. We achieve this through providing support across three core areas:
- Strategy and Operating Model Design
- Organization Governance and Control
- Process Improvement
- People and Organization Development
- Change Management and Business readiness
We are currently looking for Senior Consultant candidates to join our expanding Organization Excellence team with experience from Capital Projects Advisory and Consulting firms, who demonstrate a real passion and interest for the built environment. You will have the opportunity to support in the business within multiple sectors (both public and private) across the MEA region.Position SummaryYour key focus will be to support day-to-day activity on our engagements, building our Organization Excellence business and developing the team. The role is based KSA and may require travel.Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Support the business leads in identifying business development opportunities with current and potential clients.
- Support in any business development activities including the preparation of bids, pricing and content development
- Use your capital projects knowledge and expertise within specific sectors to develop innovative value propositions.
- Support the Project Manager in delivering quality deliverables for our client.
- Lead workstreams on projects
- Support in stakeholder engagement and presentations to clients
- Build lasting relationships and influence senior colleagues and clients in leading roles.
- Build strong internal relationships across the SNC-Lavalin business.
- Work together with our technical advisors, engineers, planners, commercial consultants to bring integrated offerings to our clients.
- Contribute to positioning our Organization Excellence services across the middle east through thought leadership development, social media presence.
- Educated to Degree qualified level or equivalent qualification or experience, degree in Business Management or other related fields is preferable.
Professional Experience / Qualifications
- Overall experience:
- 5-8 years’ experience for Senior Consultant;
- Experience in one or several of our key sectors;
- Experience in some of the following areas especially in the Capital Projects environment:
- Target Operating Model development;
- Current state assessment, benchmarking, gap assessment against best practice;
- Strategy development (at departmental or organisational level), operational planning, performance management;
- Mapping customer journey, services, organisational or departmental scope and process framework;
- Organisational design, organisational sizing;
- Development of departmental roles and responsibilities, job descriptions;
- Development of competency frameworks, and conducting competency assessments;
- Development of governance frameworks, including committee structure and terms of reference, delegation of authority, three lines of defence;
- Development of detailed processes in Visio or ARIS or other BPM tools, standard operating procedures, work instructions improving organisational efficiency;
- Strong understanding of one or several of our key sectors in the capital projects environment;
- Basic understanding of Project management including:
- Risk Management
- Cost Management
- Schedule Management
- Resource Management
- Ability to analyse data and deliver insightful practical solutions;
- Utilize both qualitative and quantitative analysis to solve business problems;
- Demonstrate drive, enthusiasm and commitment to projects while projecting a professional image;
- Ability to innovate and apply experiences to create new value-proposition for clients and drive business development initiatives;
- Ability to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a proactive manner with a positive attitude;
- Function confidently and competently within client environment with positive impact on clients’ perception of Organization Excellence Service Line;
- Show flexibility in tasks and location, and deal well with ambiguity;
- Excellent communication skills – written and spoken English is essential (Arabic preferred).
Rewards and BenefitsWe work in a hybrid working environment with 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM working hours, promoting work-life balance and are outcome oriented. We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive tax-free salary;
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- 22 days annual leave;
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin;
- Employee Assistance Program – 24-hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants.