- University degree with 3+ years of immigration and mobility experience
- Arabic speaker
- Knowledge of visa, local work authorization and labor requirements within the middle east region
- Familiarity with Saudization requirements
- Data management experience
- Ability to evaluate evolving status, and to provide insights to leadership
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to interact with a diverse range of people and to support colleagues on the ground to expedite blocks
- Strong problem-solving (an ability to manage ambiguity with an open mind and positive attitude) and multi-tasking capability
- Outstanding organizational skills, process excellence and attention to detail.
- Evidence of sound judgment, discretion, professionalism, maturity and trustworthiness
What You’ll Do
You will coordinate immigration, mobility and eligibility processes for the MEO for new hires and internal colleague moves including mobility transfers, cross border staffing and remote working arrangements. MIEs ensure compliance with all ‘move’ associated legal requirements, maintain local HR processes, and support exceptional risk management.
You will provide expertise on the MEO immigration process with a special focus on Saudi Arabia as a key priority for the region. This includes guiding colleagues on preparing in their home countries in order to achieve visa signature and on the steps to complete issuance once in MEO; supporting colleagues on the ground to expedite blockers including visiting ministries and other government organizations as needed; serving as an initial escalation point for difficult cases; liaising with firm immigration legal and external vendors as needed.
You will manage the day-to-day operations of visa and work authorization processing and tracking, including gathering, preparing and submitting all necessary materials as well as liaising with external vendors.
You will run clear, compliant immigration tracking and administration procedures to support the different types of visa categories and work permits within MEO as well as provide documentation for reports, audits and analyses as needed.
You will manage local mobility requirements, coordinate office approval processes as needed, submit cases to the Mobility COE for processing, coordinate relocation and office on-boarding for transfers.
You will communicate and interpret MIE policies and procedures, as well as risk management efforts, protecting the firm and firm members from risk, including coordinating with firm expert teams to solve eligibility risks (i.e., risks outside of immigration associated with moves e.g., tax, security, employment law).
You will stay current on local regulations and coordinating with internal/external counsel on any changes, share up to date knowledge of relevant policy changes, trends, rules and regulations to key stakeholders and/or senior leaders (e.g. HR, Recruiting, PD, Partners, etc.).
You will contribute to or lead other MIE and HR projects beyond the scope of role as needed.
Who You’ll Work With
You will be based in our Riyadh office as part of the mobility, immigration and eligibility (MIE) hub within the Middle East Office (MEO) HR team. Our Middle East office comprises 8 locations that include 1000+ consulting and non-consulting colleagues. You will also be part of the broader HR team in EEMA (Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa region).
You will work closely with the MEO geographic HR team and HR leadership and will collaborate closely with other relevant functions within the Middle East office, EEMA region and firm, including people legal, immigration legal, payroll, talent management, mobility, recruiting and professional development. You will report to the MEO MIE Manager.