About the job
Sayres and Associates LLC (Sayres) has been providing excellence in service to the Federal Government since 2001.
We are currently supporting operations through COVID based telework protocols and ongoing telework options may be discussed upon interview.
Duties And Responsibilities
The Junior Metrics Analyst-Supply will support Commander Naval Surface Squadron Five (CNSS-5). CNSS-5 is the executive agent for the readiness (man, train, and equip) of 5 Patrol Craft (PC) and 4 Mine Countermeasure (MCM) ships forward deployed in Bahrain
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Develop and maintain metrics and analysis database to track and report metrics for CNO Availabilities and CMAVs completions. At times metrics may require frequent updates to support management decisions and Flag level briefs. The database should have a report generator capability identified users to print reports without analyst assistance.
- Develop, update and maintain CNO Availability and CMAV trend reports. Analyze trend reports and provide recommendations.
- Develop and propose data sources and metrics for determining the root causes of CNO Availability extensions. Develop and maintain database track and report metrics for CNO Availability extension root cause analysis once identified. As part of the root cause analysis, assist in determining strategies to mitigate CNO Availability extensions.
- Develop and maintain database to track and report metrics for CNO Availability growth and new work root cause analysis once identified.
- Run current and future inventory requirements for the command
- Function as the database manager for the metrics and analysis database. Ensure the database can update/interface with the Command Readiness Dashboard.
- Coordinate with Modernization managers to track and analyze modernization installation operational impact and return on investment (ROI) tracked alterations. Maintain this data in the metrics and analysis database.
- Develop graphs, charts and reports summarizing results of assigned analyses.
- Generate PowerPoint presentations outlining results and recommended actions.
- Extract data from various databases to include but not limited to NMD, NDE, OARS, FSC, MRDB (Corona), MFOM (NIPR/SIPR), EDFS, ELAR, EARRTS, VAMOSC, LogiQuest, One Touch, Haystack, and ships CSMPs to perform exploratory data analysis.
- Use metrics analysis to support optimal levels of forward staged MCM/PC material.
- Track key material assets and validate that local quantities are supported by historical needs and track inventories, which are not formally held in the supply system.
This position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform position-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Qualifications & Clearance Requirements
- Two years of experience in Microsoft Access database design and management
- Two years of experience in data analysis support for complex projects
- Proficient and experienced with Microsoft Office, especially with Access, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Two years of experience in LogiQuest and One Touch
- Working knowledge of the Navy Supply system
The position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform position-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
At Sayres, our employees enjoy an atmosphere conducive to realizing their potential through personal and professional development while simultaneously exceeding customers’ expectations.
We offer a broad spectrum of technical, engineering and administrative services including acquisition, financial and program management; fleet synthetic training; logistics; ship construction engineering; systems engineering and integration; wargaming; test and evaluation; security, counterintelligence and policy analysis and have been providing excellence in service to the Federal Government since 2001.
Sayres is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices throughout the United States and has a presence abroad.