The Trimble’s Emerging Markets and Funded Projects division represents a number of business areas, from a number of sectors. The firm is looking to recruit, in the Middle East and North Africa region, an experienced Institutional Business Development Manager to focus on Multilateral Development Bank (MDB) Funded Projects and Consultants working within these projects that may involve products from the complete Trimble portfolio. This position will provide specific sales and management focus on activities connected with data gathering, tender preparation, tender execution, and relationship development with related consultants and agencies personnel, within the business development, Emerging Markets and Funded Projects team. This individual will have direct sales responsibility in all of Middle East and North Africa region for his/her nominated Projects.
Familiar with the engineering and construction industry, technology aware/skilled; Business experience; demonstrate competence in relational sales; international exposure; responsible and accountable positions held within the last two years; culturally aware; able to travel internationally (60%+). Desired familiarity with MDBs and other regional active funding organizations.
He/she will report to the Vice President & Executive Director – Emerging Markets and Funded Projects.
- Lead account and project development opportunities generated through the funding agencies. These include, but are not limited to corporate partners and customers, distribution partners, multilateral agencies, US and foreign government entities for the Geospatial, Agriculture, Water, Land Administration, Fleet Management, Construction, and Utilities businesses.
- Build relationships with Bilateral/Multilateral Development Organizations such as the World Bank, United Nations, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and Islamic Development Bank.
- Fluent in written and oral English, Arabic, and one other regional language, common to Trimble’s business is preferred.
- Public speaking experience, strong presentation skills
- (MS/MBA) Graduate Degree in international business, international relations, foreign service or technical area required
Experience Requirements (years)
- Five years of international experience in business development in fast pace, multicultural environments
- Two years + sales/business development or account management or project management experience
- Two years + experience in one or more of the following industries: government public policy, multilateral development banks, development consulting, surveying, mapping, engineering, construction, mining, agriculture.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Those who successfully lead others to meet our objectives are vital to our organization. Leadership at Trimble is much more than simply exercising assigned authority; we expect our leaders to embrace a mission-focused leadership style, by continually adapting to circumstances while not losing sight of the end goal; demonstrating strength of character, intellect and the ability to convert ideas to reality.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D
About Trimble Inc
Trimble is an industrial technology company transforming the way the world works by delivering solutions that enable our customers to thrive. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics connect the digital and physical worlds to improve productivity, quality, safety, transparency and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble is transforming industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation.