About the job
Minimum Clearance Required To Start
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Handles all Government relation activity
- Manage on boarding and orientation, welcoming new employees completing the on boarding documents, employment agreement
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of trainee and coop,
- collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of 5 years of human resource management experience preferred.