The head of Utilities and Connections manages the overall Utilities and Connections for a giga high rise building project. Performs difficult project management work in engineering design and construction of utilities infrastructure. provides technical and supervisory guidance for staff and works with engineers and contractors to ensure projects conform to standards and specifications.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Plans, organizes and implements the construction of utilities and connections for the program.
- Reviews work of contracted engineering personnel involved in the design and review of utilities and related infrastructure and Prepares cost estimates for projects.
- Reviews development plans for adherence to organizational standards and requirements.
- Administers contracts with consulting engineers and contractors; reviews cost estimates to determine accuracy and determines bond amounts.
- Meets with contractors and reviews and explains construction requirements; identifies necessary actions to obtain compliance; makes on-site field inspections as necessary to respond to questions from inspectors and contractors; works with contractors and engineers on remediation strategies for non-conforming construction.
- Reviews surveys and field data and information and produces calculations and drawings for construction projects.
- Performs field work as needed to observe construction and staff maintenance work, gather field data and for other purposes.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering or related field with considerable experience of a progressively responsible nature in civil engineering, including some supervisory experience.
- Considerable knowledge of utility design, construction and contract administration procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of computerized design and drafting techniques.
- Considerable knowledge of dry and wet utilities construction techniques and materials, and the ability to determine whether design specifications and standards are being met.
- Considerable knowledge of modern and effective supervisory principles and practices including leadership, motivations, communications, performance coaching and evaluation.
- Knowledge of modern and effective engineering specifications, and state and federal regulations relating to utility systems.
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques used in construction cost estimation.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment and are not limited to those listed.
Minimum Clearance Required To Start
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
About Parsons Corporation
Founded in 1944, Parsons Corporation, a digitally enabled solutions provider, is focused on creating the future of the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure markets. From Earth to outer space, we deliver tomorrow’s solutions today. Equipped with the capabilities required to take on any defense, intelligence, or critical infrastructure challenge, our agile, innovative, and disruptive approach enables us to deliver solutions at the speed of relevance.
Our people are our greatest asset. We strive to be an employer of choice that engages employees in the community and creates rewarding career paths to cultivate a resilient workforce that is ready for the future. #WeAreParsons