About the Company
This company engages in the exploration, production, transportation, and sale of crude oil and natural gas. It operates through the following segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Corporate. The Upstream segment includes crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids exploration, field development, and production. The Downstream segment focuses on refining, logistics, power generation, and the marketing of crude oil, petroleum and petrochemical products, and related services to international and domestic customers. The Corporate segment offers supporting services including human resources, finance, and information technology. The company was founded on May 29, 1933 and is headquartered in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
We are seeking a Metering Engineer to join our Global Manufacturing Excellence Organization within our Manufacturing Technical Support Division team. The manufacturing technical support team is a multi-disciplinary organization with interface to technical, and in some cases business, support requirements for our Global Manufacturing Admin Area. Its function caters mainly to the technical needs of GM Operating facilities. Your primary role will be to handle metering engineering aspects. This will include providing technical support and expertise for metering engineering including operation, design and project development, installing, managing, and maintaining metering systems, across multiple operating facilities from Global Manufacturing Admin Area. You will also be responsible for providing technical guidance on high priority metering systems issues
- Provide technical guidance, support, training, and expertise to facility metering team.
- Monitor instrumentation and metering system performance.
- Assess metering and instrumentation performance and recommend improvements for system optimization.
- Develop and maintain lifecycle management activities for metering and instrumentation systems.
- Establish and implement auditing guidelines and perform frequent metering systems and instruments audits.
- Lead the development of new strategies and validate the feasibility of improving company productivity.
- Ensure manufacturing knowledge is captured in the knowledge repository and continuous improvement is delivered by benchmarking and best practices.
- Provide awareness sessions and lead technical exchanges and conferences.
- Maintain instrumentation and metering system knowledge repository.
- Act as a subject matter expert in instrumentation and metering systems and contribute to the troubleshooting activities.
- You must hold a Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Electronics Engineering, or equivalent.
- You should have a minimum of 12 years’ experience in refining/oil and gas plants/petrochemical industries.
- You must have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills in the field of metering systems.
- Familiarity with field instrument types and applications is essential.
- Proficiency in the codes and standards in the oil and gas industry, i.e., API, BS, ISO, ASME, ANSI, IEC, ISA, IEEE, etc. is required.
- You should have a working knowledge of oil/gas-related plant processes.
Desired Skills and Experience