We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale – energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.The General Manager at Uber is one of the most fast-paced positions Uber has to offer; it requires an outstanding combination of talent, courage, and leadership. As the leader of KSA, you will be responsible for the development and balanced growth of our business and people.You’ll also be responsible for operational excellence and maintaining and continuously improving ‘Uber’ quality throughout the Rider’s experience, customer support, local marketing, supply chain management, and service quality management.This role requires excellent collaboration across different functional and specialized teams and can bridge the gap with the city, Regional, and HQ teams. We need leaders that are innovators and can build, mentor, and encourage strong teams to reach their potential. We believe in solving local problems with local solutions, so understanding your market and delivering custom messages is important.It’s the intersection of the analytical with the creative that makes the Uber GM a difficult job to fill and the impact on our people and our business that makes it such a phenomenal job to have!What You Will Do
- Be the face of Uber in KSA. Act as the leading force for one of our biggest markets – develop and champion the strategy, and mobilize resources to implement the strategy
- Lead local regulatory concerns and local politics in partnership with our Policy, Legal, and Communications teams
- Represent Uber at local events and with local PR
- Collaborate with marketing teams to initiate creative local strategies and user growth campaigns
- Lead deployment and quality of supply chain (i.e. Uber’s driver partners)
- Communicate product/process needs to HQ, work with product/engineering to deliver on them
- Work with Central Ops and other GMs to help scale our other cities through developing and sharing conventions
- Evaluate opportunities for further expansion in Saudi (cities, products)
- Work with Business Development to identify and help support relevant and value-creating strategic partnerships and alliances for each of your markets
- Continue to grow and build upon today to drive a sustainable business for tomorrow
- Champion our culture and employee brand
What You Will Need
- Min of 10 years of experience within a Strategy / Operations / Commercial / General Management role
- Fluency in Arabic and English
- Experience with establishing, maintaining, and leveraging C-level relationships at partner companies
- Ability to fuse business, strategy, finance, and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company’s discretion.
We are Uber. The go-getters. The kind of people who are relentless about our mission to help people go anywhere and get anything and earn their way. Movement is what we power. It’s our lifeblood. It runs through our veins. It’s what gets us out of bed each morning. It pushes us to constantly reimagine how we can move better. For you. For all the places you want to go. For all the things you want to get. For all the ways you want to earn. Across the entire world. In real time. At the incredible speed of now.
The idea for Uber was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform powering flexible earnings and the movement of people and things in ever expanding ways. We’ve gone from connecting rides on 4 wheels to 2 wheels to 18-wheel freight deliveries. From takeout meals to daily essentials to prescription drugs to just about anything you need at any time and earning your way. From drivers with background checks to real-time verification, safety is a top priority every single day. At Uber, the pursuit of reimagination is never finished, never stops, and is always just beginning.