When you think of food delivery in the MENA region, we’d be pretty surprised if talabat didn’t pop into your mind first! Since delivering our first order in Kuwait in 2004, we’ve grown quite a lot over the past 17 years.
Today, we deliver hundreds of millions of food orders, grocery items and other products per year, to our customers in nine countries throughout the region with more than 3,000+ employees! Our food delivery business works with over 27,000 brands and almost 50,000 branches, while our q-commerce concept, talabat mart, now delivers groceries to customers in Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman Qatar, and the UAE in 30 minutes or less!
Our philosophy is to make sure we do what is right for our ecosystem – our customers, our partners, our people, our riders, and the communities in which we operate. Our #techforgood program allows our customers a safe and convenient way to contribute to important causes in their community through donating to local and international charities directly on talabat with a focus on food insecurity in the region. Since its inception in 2020, we have facilitated the donation of well over 1 million meals to those in need, as well as donated over $1.5 million to charity with the help of our partners and customers. talabat is part of Delivery Hero, the global leader in online food delivery and q-commerce.
Be our next Hero! – Join the world’s leading local delivery platform.
We are looking for a General Manager, Global Food Services (all genders) to join the Global Food Services team in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on our journey to always deliver amazing experiences.
- Lead the expansion and commercial strategy for Delivery Hero’s cloud kitchens in KSA including full ownership of P&L, performance management, and new project proposals and implementation
- Build and deliver operational cloud kitchens in 5+ cities, and manage ongoing operations
- Identify potential partners (infrastructure, operators, etc) on the market and establish required cooperation models (e.g., commercial agreement, investments, M&A, etc.) to fuel business growth
- Lead initiatives related to additional revenue generating channels to drive kitchen profitability
- Shape technology solutions to enable better operational experience and lower costs and be radical about leveraging data in the day to day work
- Build and lead sales, operations, real estate, and commercial organizations to build new kitchens, improve kitchen occupancy and operations, and optimize performance of all kitchens
Your Heroic Skills
- You have at least 8-10 years of work experience in food delivery, e-commerce, real estate, or hospitality/F&B with some experience and existing connections in the Saudi market
- You are a strong people leader and with experience experience, building, coaching and scaling teams to meet business needs, in multiple functions and countries
- You have exceptional problem-solving skills and strategic leadership, for example with a background in top-tier management consulting or finance with financial fluency and experience in managing P&L’s and budgets
- You have a high degree of comfort with business analytics, and are adept at taking decisions based on both intuition and data
- You are proficient in stakeholder management (horizontally and vertically, internally and externally), and clear and concise communications
- You are highly motivated and entrepreneurial, comfortable with business development and project management, willing to take ownership of tasks and determined to see projects through to completion
- Arabic language skills preferable
- Open to relocation to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
As the world’s leading local delivery platform, our mission is to deliver an amazing experience, fast, easy, and to your door. From prepared meals to groceries, flowers, coffee, medicine. We deliver whatever you need. We operate in over 72 countries across Asia, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa and are also pioneering quick commerce, the next generation of e-commerce. As one of Europe’s largest tech platforms, we work with a global ecosystem of employees, riders, and partners, and are at the forefront of innovation.
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and inclusion are key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring — therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of racial identities, religious beliefs, color, national origin, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientations, age, marital or disability statuses, or any other aspect that makes you, you. Just be yourself and we can’t wait to see what value you bring to the role. We’re as interested in your character as we are in your talent.
Have we sparked your interest? If you are looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by our values and People Leader Principles, please apply and send us your CV using the online form.
Please note, we do not accept applications via email.
About HungerStation | هنقرستيشن
HungerStation.com is the biggest online food ordering platform in the region. Connecting thousands of restaurants with their customers across the kingdom of Saudi Arabia & Bahrain. Through its state of the art technologies and advanced logistics, HungerStation emerged as an enabler for the whole industry, supporting restaurants to increase their sales and maximize their profitability, while understanding their customers behavior and delivering the utmost experience .