About the job
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
A landmark property for the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort opened in November of 2018, the resort offers 296 rooms, suites and duplex villas facing the sea, showcasing views from either a private balcony or garden access room, with an extended patio and outdoor space. This luxury beach front resort embodies the beauty of the ocean – the stylish contemporary architecture is decorated with marine themed touches that bring the outside world to life. Home to eight dining venues, Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort has plenty of dining options including an all-day dining venue, two signature restaurants, a lobby lounge and bar, a pool and beach bar and a sports lounge. Guests are welcome to explore the 400 meter public beach and three swimming pools.
An opportunity has arisen for a Guest Service Executive to join in Front Office Department in Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort.
The Main Duties And Responsibilities Of This Role Are
- Give a warm welcome to guests on arrival and register them as well as issuing room keys in the appropriate welcome booklet.
- Take payment from guests on departure and close their bills correctly.
- Be efficient in assisting guests throughout their stay with any requirements.
- Sell rooms to walk-in guests at the maximum rate possible.
- Ensures that the Guest Services Desk is manned, operationally prepared, and stocked at all times.
- Maintains the privacy of all guests by ensuring that no details of the guest are disclosed to anybody.
- Update all information given by guests on the Registration Card on check-in into the Front Office PMS System in a timely matter and making sure that all required information has been provided.
- File all Registration Cards and dockets for in-house guests in appropriate buckets and perform regular bucket-checks.
- Neatly file registration cards of departed guests by date and in alphabetical order.
- Scan the passport of every guest on arrival and safe the data correctly for the CID Report.
- Carry out a Routing Instruction Report regularly and ensure that all required back-up is attached the Registration Cards neatly.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- A minimum of 1 year as a receptionest or in similar role in a 5 star hotel reception.
- Secondary school certificate/diploma or degree in hospitality management
- Good knowledge in OPERA (PMS) or (OPERA CLOUD) is essential
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Outgoing personality with ability to communicate with guests and colleagues
- Excellent English communication skills
- Additional language is an added value
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.
United Arab Emirates (AE)-Abu Dhabi-Abu Dhabi
Jumeirah Saadiyat Island [JSI]