Support the implementation and continuous improvement of an effective Compliance program with specific focus on relevant health regulations (e.g., fraud & abuse, promotional/non-promotional, clinical) and industry codes. Lead the development and execution of effective monitoring and remediation activities in assigned country/ region.
- In collaboration with the ERC Head, Regional ERC Team and other key stakeholders, support the development and implementation of the Cluster ERC monitoring program.
- Support in assessing and monitoring ERC policy/risk areas based on applicable regulations, codes and country/region risk profile; creates thorough analytic re-views and management reports.
- Analyse the quality of the data and processes in place and liaise with the ERC head to ensure the performance of timely, sound and fact-based Risk Assessments, Self-Assessments and related monitoring activities.
- Communicate deviations to the business; develop appropriate remediation plans, and follow-up with countries to ensure adequate implementation of those actions.
- Identify areas of improvement in countries’ systems and/or processes to increase efficiency and strengthen effectiveness.
- Foster an advisory, proactive and collaborative approach regarding Compliance.
- Support as required investigations of alleged misconduct based on allocation of responsibility by the SpeakUp Team.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Education: University degree in Science or Business Marketing plus further postgraduate qualification or MBA.
Languages: English & Arabic.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in finance, compliance or an internal audit function, in the pharmaceutical, device or healthcare industries, with a baseline under-standing of Country and Regional legislation and guidelines (eg., FCPA, UK Bribery Act, EFPIA, EGA); Audit/monitoring in the clinical research area is a plus.
- Experience in a highly regulated industry with its dynamics, regulatory framework.
- Ability to lead complex projects and collaborate within and across cross-functional teams and business units, in a matrixes environment
- Crisis management.
Novartis is reimagining medicine to improve and extend people’s lives. As a leading global medicines company, we use innovative science and digital technologies to create transformative treatments in areas of great medical need. In our quest to find new medicines, we consistently rank among the world’s top companies investing in research and development.
Novartis products reach nearly 800 million people globally and we are finding innovative ways to expand access to our latest treatments.
Around 108,000 people of more than 140 nationalities work at Novartis around the world.
See our community guidelines: http://bit.ly/2JnT2CP