About the job
About The Role
We are recruiting a Deputy Head of Primary to join the team from September 2022. The post holder will be responsible for supporting the schools Vision and Mission as well as all policies, academic standards and pastoral support in the Primary school.
The successful applicant will deputise for the Head of Primary as required and assist in shaping & implementing the educational strategy for the school.
Key responsibilities include supporting the Head of Primary with :
- Embracing and encouraging the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
- Ensuring high academic standards in the Primary / FS school in relation to the schools own desire for all students to be the best they can as well as a commitment to the UAE National Agenda targets.
- Managing budgets and undertake teaching and other professional duties as reasonably delegated by the Principal.
- Leading the Primary / FS team –including performance management.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be:
- An effective and dynamic leader with a proven track record in sustained school improvement that can be demonstrated through hard data.
- Rigorous in promoting excellence and developing commitment to high standards of care and opportunities for all.
- Able to demonstrate successful experience of leading and managing staff and promoting and developing innovative approaches to learning
- Experienced in developing teacher’s skills and competencies through a sustained school improvement model such as coaching.
- Able to demonstrate a comprehensive and confident knowledge of best practice pedagogy.
- Able to demonstrate a desire to be innovative and creative in the provision offered to our learners to ensure all can succeed.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to inclusion
- Able to demonstrate genuine passion towards the wider co-curricular life of a school.
The successful applicant will be:
- A fully certified teacher, holding a B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent
- Passionate about providing outstanding teaching and learning
- Highly experienced in National Curriculum for England
- Efficient in people development and have proven leadership and communication abilities
We know that when it comes to being a great place to work, it helps to make sure our people feel valued; GEMS prides itself on providing staff with the opportunity to grow and develop within the Organisation. You will be able to access and contribute to our world class Professional Development and Leadership Programmes as well as work with our internationally recognized GEMS advisors who are leading experts in their field.
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package
Trusted for over 60 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 170,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division.
About The School
GEMS Founders Al Mizhar School (GFM) is a value for money National Curriculum of England School which opened in September 2018 modelled on the highly successful GEMS Founders Dubai School. It educates students from FS1 to Year 11 and will build to a full FS to Year 13 School of 4800 students in subsequent years.
The school has a focus on high academic standards, computational thinking, social and emotional Education as well as inclusivity to allow all students to succeed through a range of academic and vocational pathways.
Alongside well-equipped classrooms, the school has good sports provision, large open plan learning areas to support innovation and creative problem solving including robotics and 3D printing, a drama/dance studio, specialist music rooms, full WiFi coverage, dedicated science labs, art rooms and libraries.
FS students have access to attractive indoor and outdoor learning areas. All classrooms are equipped with large LCD screens to enhance student learning.
The school follows the National Curriculum for England, offering IGCSE, AS and A level courses in the future as well as a range of vocational pathways.
To learn more please visit http://www.gemsfoundersschool-mizhar.com/
About Application Process
If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application. To complete the application you would need the following document(s):
- Passport-size photograph
Important Note : GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.