Picture working at a company where you’ve got the agility of a start-up, teamed with the resources of a global corporate. A place where sophisticated technologies and like-minded colleagues combine, enabling you to turn invisible, unstructured data into something incredible. If this sounds like a reality, you’d like to be a part of, then you need to work for our Big Data, Insights and Analytics team. Turn the amazing Big Data Revolution into a brilliant opportunity.
With us you will:
- Supervise, own, and manage the execution and delivery of advanced predictive analytics including things like visualization, data modelling, forecasting, simulation and data analytics built on complex, high-volume and high dimensional datasets.
- Knowledge of Big Data capabilities and the latest available frameworks.
- Knowledge of a combination of advanced analytics and big data tools e.g. IBM SPSS, R, Python, Hadoop, Hive, Spark.
- Work closely with commercial, campaigns & technology teams to establish data pipelines from data sourcing to customer targeting.
- Excellent technical and problem-solving skills and the ability to translate commercial requirements to technology actions.
- Knowledge of Big Data & Data Science capabilities and the latest available frameworks.
Apply if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in Data Science and Big Data
- Must have worked as a data scientist
- 5+ years of experience in Telcos
- Hands on experience leveraging machine learning techniques such as Gradient Boosting, Clustering, Logistic Regression or Random Forest etc. to solve real world problems
- Experience in leveraging modern machine learning toolset and programming languages such as Python, SPSS or Scala
- Mentoring, managing, or leading analytics or data science staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management and project management skills
- A relentless problem solver and out of the box thinker with a proven track record of driving business results in a timely manner
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Data Science/ Computing/ analytics
It focuses on access to connectivity, digital skills and creating relevant products and services, such as access to education, healthcare and finance.
We are also committed to developing a diverse and inclusive global workforce that reflects the customers and societies we serve.
The internet has become a vital part of our lives by enabling us to keep in touch and access government services, health information, banking and entertainment. However, 2.9 billion people remain offline.
Our Inclusion for All strategy focuses on overcoming the five key barriers that create the digital divide – coverage, access to devices, affordability, digital skills, and creating relevant products and services for those most at risk of being unconnected, such as the elderly and women.