Requisition ID: 270232
- Relocation Authorized: International – Single
- Telework Type: Full-Time Office/Project
- Work Location: Sharma
Company OverviewSince 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place. Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact. We serve the infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel is our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.Project DescriptionSaudi Arabian Bechtel Company is providing Project Management Consultancy services (including technical, commercial, and construction management) for the development of certain defined aspects of the NEOM Infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.” NEOM is a planned city in the Tabuk Province of north-western Saudi Arabia. The site is near the Red Sea and the borders of Egypt, Israel, and Jordan. It will cover a total area of 26,500 km2 (10,200 sq mi) and will extend 460 km along the coast of the Red Sea.NEOM will be the home and workplace to more than a million residents from around the world. It will include towns and cities, ports and enterprise zones, research centres, sports and entertainment venues, and tourist destinations. As a hub for innovation, entrepreneurs, business leaders, and companies will come to research, incubate, and commercialize new technologies and enterprises in ground-breaking ways.Summary Of ResponsilitiesThe Construction Manager – Civil (Pipeline) provides oversight and direction to the Construction Engineers and Construction field personnel assigned to on-site construction projects. They are responsible for protecting and promoting the interests and values of the company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy responsibilities. Strong and committed to delivering on safety on site operations and to all aspects of high quality on the scope of works. The Construction Manager brings specialized knowledge and experience in executing Civils projects for their area; is responsible for coordination and interfaces between Contractors, disciplines managing performance of the works to meet schedules and milestones. Needs to be able to motivate the workforce and steer the team towards a culture of collaborative teamwork.Essential Job Duties
- Lead the construction team and is responsible for construction oversight and compliance of all the contractors’ work activities. Shall ensure all construction works are carried out as per project safety, quality plan and as per schedule & within budget.
- Lead the ES&H implementation activities, conduct joint safety inspections with Contractor’s senior staff and participate in the clients’ ES&H programs and ensure compliance to local/national regulatory safety codes
- Support client in formation of contract strategy for the procurement of subcontracts, including bid evaluation and negotiations
- Lead in managing the contracts awarded by client in the field and ensure that the contractual obligations are met by the contractors
- Manage and coordinate inputs from various project entities to ensure continuous construction work front availability through review of look ahead schedules, resource charts, engineering deliverables, material delivery schedules and any other service requirements including contractor submittals
- Implement project quality management plans, ensure contractors compliance to project quality requirements. and the works are executed as per IFC drawings, standards, codes, and project specifications
- Keep the Project Manager apprised of any change in contractor’s activity or cost prior to incurring additional time or materials outside of the project scope.
- Plan and review the construction project and contractors’ submittals with the Project Manager and supervise the site works
- Review the contractor’s method statement, risk assessment etc. and the preparation of weekly progress report and keep them properly updated; and drive the project to meet the required dates.
- Direct field staff to ensure their continued development by use of performance evaluations, varying assignments, and promoting positive project morale.
- Ensures required permits and licenses are in place prior to the start of works at site
- Facilitate, liaison, coordinate and manage the interface with government agencies, client, internal functions, contractors, and other stakeholders for the successful completion, manage and handover of works
- Mentor, motivate, manage, and act as a role-model for the team and contractors in terms of behaviors and values and monitor their performance
- Ensure the closure of construction activities are systematic and complete in all respects
Qualifications, Experience, Job Knowledge And Skill Set Requirements
- A recognized bachelor’s or master’s degree in Civil /Structural Engineering
- Minimum 20 years of experience in construction industry
- Experience in large water industry related projects with significant pipelines scope
- Experience in similar role, with a contractor or PMC company with construction responsibility
- Experience of safety culture leadership including knowledge of safety procedures and practices associated with the construction works
- Has proven experience and thorough knowledge in construction of large-scale wet utility and potable water supply projects, including the following as a guide
- Experience of large scale bulk excavation and excavated materials movements
- Experience of concrete culvert construction for pipe protection
- Experience of large diameter potable water pipe installation techniques including manual and automatic carbon steel pipe welding and installation of pipe accessories and valve chambers
- Experience of testing and commissioning long distance pipe systems, pump stations and associated power supply infrastructure and surge vessels
- Thorough knowledge of international standards and specification and codes as applicable, including various safety procedures and practices associated.
- Experience in KSA / Middle east / GCC is preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills to maintain a positive work environment between all parties including the client, contractors, and other stakeholders throughout the project life cycle.
- Self-motivated individual with ability to work independently and exercise professional judgment, with a passion to take ownership of projects and provide sound technical leadership to contractor’s staff and construction engineers
- Experience of working and living in remote camp locations is preferred
Shaping tomorrow togetherBechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with the laws of Saudi Arabia, Bechtel has adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for all work locations in the country. These requirements may include vaccination and testing. Any and all offers of employment with Bechtel in Saudi Arabia are expressly conditioned upon the applicant’s willingness and ability to comply with all COVID-19 related safety laws and Bechtel protocols in place at the time of a candidate’s start date. A candidate’s failure or refusal to comply with such laws and protocols renders an issued offer null and void.
This requirement cannot be waived by a recruiter, manager, or supervisor. Your submission of an application for employment with Bechtel in Saudi Arabia constitutes your understanding and acknowledgment of this express condition.