About the job
SNC-Lavalin is an International Integrated FM service provider operating in the GCC, providing Total FM services across prestigious clients. We are currently seeking to recruit a highly experienced Commercial Manager with significant facilities management market sector experience required to lead a team of multi-functional/multi-cultural staff in our FM offices in Jeddah.
The role is a blend of the following disciplines – Commercial, procurement, business development and interface with Finance.
Job Description / Role
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Commercial Manager will be expected to manage the business development, proposal and procurement teams. This role is expected to increase and currently covers mainly KSA area.
The duties of the Commercial Manager will include:
- Leading the preparation of commercial proposals with the support of proposal team.
- Ensure proposal processes are duly followed.
- Leading the governance processes for approval of proposals to senior management.
- Liaise with other business units for cross-sector proposals.
- Lead the commercial negotiation with potential partners / clients
- Develop commercial strategies and lead on contractual negotiations
- Assessing financial and commercial risks and reporting, providing financial direction to the project team and advice to the Managing Director.
- Measure, monitor and report on the commercial performance of all projects.
Oversee financial key performance indicators (KPIs) of projects, ensuring that the project teams understand key financial and commercial drivers of their project.
- Supporting the Procurement team by ensuring daily purchase requests are being processed in a timely manner and with the best possible cost.
- Assist the Operations Directors to set up future supplier chain.
- Supporting the Business development team in meeting potential clients and proposing technical solutions.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in a relevant field
- 10 years Facilities Management experience in both Hard and Soft Services is key for this role.
- Sound background in project and bid management
- Superior management and organizational skills
- Must possess the ability to be a strong negotiator and problem solver
- GCC experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years post qualification experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years in the role of Commercial Manager.
- Arabic speaking candidates are preferred.
Commercial/Contract Management ♦ Cost Management & reporting ♦ Large-Scale Proposals ♦ Strategic Planning ♦ Risk Management ♦ Supply Chain Management / Procurement Strategy ♦ Contract and Project Reviews ♦ Developing / Maintaining Commercial Relationships Both Upstream (Client) and Downstream (Suppliers) ♦ Contractual Advice ♦ Project Audit ♦ Dispute Mitigation and Resolution ♦ Managing Teams ♦ Advising Client on Cost and Commercial Issues ♦ Development, Implementation, and Governance of Commercial Policy, Process, and Procedures ♦ Commercial Benchmarking ♦ Metrics – SLA/KPI ♦ Facilities Management ♦ Mentoring (Junior staff)