A world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 67,000 employees and serves more than 3.7 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide’s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902
Entity and activity description
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is the largest economy in the Middle East. Growth is driven by the expansion of the refining and petrochemical industries and by the development of large infrastructure and construction projects.
Created in 2008, Air Liquide in Saudi Arabia has a team of over 100 employees working to supply industrial customers in a wide variety of markets: oil and gas, metal fabrication, electronics, food and beverage and the healthcare sector. Air Liquide Arabia (ALAR) provides large volumes of industrial gases (hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, carbon monoxide) for refining, petrochemical and metal industries. Air Liquide Arabia is the leader in the Over-the- Fence supply of industrial gases to major industries in Saudi Arabia.
The mission is to manage the supply agreements that ALAR execute, to enhance customer experience and to support the development of new business in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The role is essentially the face of the business to our customers and ensures we retain and grow our business. You will manage our portfolio of customers supported by 2 direct reports located in the east and west coast of the kingdom. ALAR produces mainly hydrogen and other industrial gasses. This role will need to proactively leverage existing and build new networking opportunities in a way that strengthens the organisation’s relationship with key stakeholders. Ultimately to ensure Air Liquide achieve its strategic objectives and be a commercial success in the Saudi Arabian market.
- Develop a networking plan with key or potential customer contacts at all levels of the organization.
- Manages the customer contract, including pricing, receivables
- Coordinate the product supply vs. demand, by matching customer demand with ALAR operations capability.
- Align with the ALAR operations teams to enhance customer experience and maximize ALAR business profitability and sustainability.
- Manage the ALAR commercial team, consisting in 2 basin managers (one for the West Coast, the other one for the East Coast).
- Identify, anticipate and solve swiftly any issue (commercial, operational, contractual) that the customer could face which could impact the long-term relations with ALAR.
- Being the focal point with existing customers when new business development opportunities arise.
- Be aware and dispatch market intelligence information on competition’s actions in the Kingdom.
- Liaise with stakeholders (e.g. Royal Commission, Ministry of Energy, Ministry of Investment) to nurture ALAR visibility and to support business development.
- Support on event management that AL participates in like SGI, FII, IKTVA, etc.
- Bachelor degree is a minimum and/or Master in business administration
- Minimum 8 years of experience managing key accounts/customers with a background in operations for a energy or chemicals organisation
- Contract management is essential
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Saudi National preferred
- Integrity. Act on values and beliefs of honesty by communicating in forthright manner and admitting mistakes publicly.
- Teamwork. Work well with others by sharing information, showing encouragement, building team spirit, and resolving conflict.
- Communication skills. Express thoughts and ideas in verbal or written forms in a clear, succinct, transparent manner.
- Results orientation. Drive to resolve problems or opportunities completely per a standard of excellence.
- Customer orientation. Take personal responsibility and long-term perspective in developing trusting customer relationships. Advocate for customer needs internally.
- Passion. Be personally motivated to deliver results despite difficulties. Take proactive steps to address problems and opportunities or to anticipate future problems and opportunities
About Air Liquide
A world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 75 countries with approximately 66,400 employees and serves more than 3.8 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide’s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902.
Taking action today while preparing the future is at the heart of Air Liquide’s strategy. With ADVANCE, its strategic plan for 2025, Air Liquide is targeting a global performance, combining financial and extra-financial dimensions. Positioned on new markets, the Group benefits from major assets such as its business model combining resilience and strength, its ability to innovate and its technological expertise. The Group develops solutions contributing to climate and the energy transition—particularly with hydrogen—and takes action to progress in areas of healthcare, digital and high technologies.
Air Liquide’s revenue amounted to more than 23 billion euros in 2021. Air Liquide is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange (compartment A) and belongs to the CAC 40, CAC 40 ESG, EURO STOXX 50 and FTSE4Good indexes.