About the job
Minimum Clearance Required To Start
Ready to advance your education and have the opportunity to work on large scale engineering projects? Parsons is now accepting applications for an Engineering Co-op Student who have a great attention to detail and ready join a rapidly growing team, enhancing the fabric of our community.
Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your willingness to work hard will propel your career and opportunities forward. We need our interns to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environments that have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills
In this role, under direction of a degreed engineer, you will perform a variety of basic to moderately-difficult engineering support assignments requiring a fundamental knowledge of design/drafting standards, practices, and techniques. The co-op student at this level typically takes engineering notes, specifications, rough sketches, etc., and formalizes them into working drawings. Assignments are designed to develop a practical knowledge of equipment, facilities, and systems, and their interrelationships within a particular engineering discipline.
- Utilizes a CAD workstation to prepare engineering drawings consisting of basic arrangements, layouts, flow sheets, assemblies, isometrics, etc., from rough sketches and/or from general engineering and design information according to established standards and procedures.
- Utilizes technical manuals and directives to ensure compliance with codes and company policies. Becomes familiar with various standards and codes such as ANSI, PFI, and ASME.
- Compiles data and performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Must be enrolled in an engineering curriculum at an accredited college or university and have completed typically 1+ years of studies in a major Engineering discipline (e.g., Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, etc.).
- Relevant course work required
- Literate in PC software, a working knowledge of CAD, and other computer software used to complete design assignments.