Alexandria Virginia, United States, Ali Al Salem
Ready to start your next mission?
Qualified candidates must:
- Be a US Citizen
- Possess an Active DoD Secret Clearance
- CENTCOM MOD 17 Standards
- Ability to deploy to Kuwait
As the Carpenter you will perform carpentry work such as fabricating items according to designs, blueprints, drawings and sketches. You will also be responsible for carpentry repair or reconstruction work on items such as damaged wood stairs, floors, frames, rafters, joists, and trusses to ensure conformity with building codes. Repair doors, roofs, ceilings, stairs, floors, windows, and roll-up doors.The Carpenter will manage the performance of a wide variety of carpentry related tasks, including new construction, remodeling, renovation, and demolition. In addition, the Carpenter may be required to perform tasks light welding.RMS will be performing Base Operation Support (BOS) to the United States Armed Forces in Kuwait, as part of the AFCAP V Contract
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reads blueprints, sketches, and modification orders to plan the process and layout to be performed in an expeditious, economical, and effective manner.
- Carpentry constructs, repairs, restores and installs structures such as floors, doors, windows, stairways, furniture, cabinets, and shelves.
- Builds forms, frames, ceilings and roofs with common materials to include lumber, plywood, wafer board, sheetrock, steel studs, foam board, and cement board.
- Fabricates items according to designs, blueprints, drawings, and sketches.
- Repairs or reconstructs damaged wood stairs, floors, frames, rafters, joists, and trusses to ensure conformity with building codes.
- Repair doors, roofs, ceilings, stairs, floors, windows, and roll-up doors.
- Cleans equipment, shop area, and work site area.
- Responsible for observing all current OSHA, AFOSHA ES&H and fire regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned by Alternate Site Management or Supervisor lead.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Five (5) years’ experience in Carpentry
- Able to solve problems, broken end items, parts or fixtures
- Experience with power tools, power saws, cranes, drills, Etc.
- Minimum experience in Welding preferred
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Must have a Valid U.S. Driver’s License and be able to operate a vehicle with a manual transmission.
- Posses a Valid US Passport preferred.
- Must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Possess a valid U.S. Passport (preferred)
- Must be able to meet all current USCENTCOM Deployment Policy Requirements, as outlined in the USCENTCOM APR 23 MOD SEVENTEEN TO USCENTCOM INDIVIDUAL AND INDIVIDUAL-UNIT DEPLOYMENT POLICY
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid Residency Visa for Kuwait
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
100%, in deployed location.
Must have and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance.Readiness Management Support, L.C.www.iapws.comReadiness Management Support, L.C. (RMS) is a leading provider of global-scale logistics, facilities management, and advanced professional and technical services. RMS provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, RMS leverages and integrates its capabilities to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers’ diverse and complex challenges. RMS is a wholly owned subsidiary of IAP Worldwide Services,
Inc.RMS is an EOE, including disability/vets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.