About the job
About The Role
As the Manager Business Intelligence, you are responsible for developing, implementing, analysing and sustaining analytics tools and reports, financial and business performance metrics, trending for activity models and provide forecast and impact assessments. You will develop and provide executive management with accurate and timely reports and comprehensive dashboards, including development of self-service reporting capability and be responsible for creating company’s Business Intelligence (BI) tools and visual analytics, data governance standards, business rules and processes.
You will work with key executives, consultants and financial stakeholders with feasibility exercises, what-if analysis, forecasting, budgeting, and evaluation of options for any given project, initiative and strategic directions aligned with Qatar Airways vision.
Key Accountabilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Provide insightful, high-quality, accurate, timely and consistent management information and reports which ascertain business performance productivity metrics, market trends, consumer behaviour, passenger spend and penetration.
- Drive the business through creation and publishing of reports with exceptions to quickly pinpoint performance gaps, to flag up where adjustments need to be made and assist in making smarter and more insightful business decisions.
- Conduct feasibility exercises, analysing planned capex expenditure and evaluation of options for any given project/initiative/strategic direction which are vital to the company.
- Deliver tools e.g. dashboard of bespoke indicators that can identify trends more strategically and can be used to exploit all up-selling and cross-selling opportunities and improve productivity.
- Present state of the business, KPI’s at Operations reviews and team meetings.
- Partner with IT, Finance, Procurement, Marketing, Logistics and Retail team to define business requirements, substantially improve reporting structures and methods and provide data analysis to support in achieving corporate/department strategies and initiatives.
- Contribute with business finance in preparing monthly, quarterly, annual management reporting packages, as well as identify alternative methods to introduce / enhance automation.
- Ensure strong data governance, data integrity and compliance, tighten up data accuracy, improve transparency and expose inaccuracies and gaps that lead to wasted business efforts.
- Work as project manager for initiatives focused on centralizing and standardizing data from various source systems. Propel the business through automation of routine tasks; automation of reporting and dashboards.
- Refine and strengthen existing business infrastructure and processes, create master list of all reports and user access, benchmarking analysis and studies, report manuals, implement data governance standards, business rules and processes.
- Conduct regular audit and sense check analysis to ensure all the information provided through BI platform is accurate and up-to-date. Verify user list access to ensure that only the authorized personnel have the access to the reports and dashboard. Critically evaluate financial data, KPI’s and relevant information gathered from multiple sources to reconcile conflicts and variances. Immediately investigate variances and identify root-caused to avoid recurrence of wrong reporting.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community. Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge.
Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor’s level (preferably in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Business Analytics)
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience
- Blended background in both business finance and business intelligence
- Proven leadership experience in driving business performance within Business Intelligence & Data Analytics roles
- Working knowledge and expertise in commercial and operational business disciplines
- Experience in consultancy/advisory roles (preferred)
- Advanced knowledge in Reporting services such as PowerBI, Tableau, Hyperion
- Strong ability to think through optimal data structures for intended business purposes
- Comprehensive knowledge of systems and reporting
- Strong business acumen, creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Exceptional planning, excellent stakeholder management, advance excel skills
- Delivered corporate initiatives and demonstrate ability to work independently and with little direction
- Strong balance of business development/sales experience, technical aptitude and account management skills that deliver proven results
- Ability to work effectively with senior management to establish, prioritise, progress and close projects
- Ability to manage direct/indirect individuals and teams, engaging and providing mentoring and other resources necessary to ensure continuous development and improvement
- Identify, provide proposed solutions and implement same whilst managing stake-holder expectations; time-frames and costs
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination.
Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.